The Ferry for kite fishing.

Mr kite flyer

The Ferry i use from Mullers Kite Fishing first in the closed position. Assembled and ready to go. Simply attach your bait as per instructions and let go...........remember to make sure your reel is in free spool with the rachet on. It will take your rig up, drop it when it hits the stopper, flips around and returns. Than attach next rig. Watch out when it comes back, it can come down fast at times, i simply put a sponge on the rod tip to take the impact, no damage to the rod eye. You need at least 15km of wind on the ground for it operate. The 2oz weight goes on the side the wind is coming from.

f07vqg.jpg

2nltifr.jpg

2hn5s3r.jpg

n5kend.jpg

The Ferry in the return position in pic below. The third pic is a closer look at the release mechanism, this slides open when the ferry hits the stopper on the kite line and the bridle attachment and rig attachment are released which allows the kite to face the other way and return to the sender.

rktym1.jpg

Psy

Sealiner
Mr Kite

ok , but where do you hook your fishing rig?

:?

spose thats in the "structions"  :fbash

Mr kite flyer

psy i will try my hand at doing video showing how it works. From my memories of Mossels (went to school there) the point off fishermans rock should be great for all types of kite fishing, even maybe off those front rocks in front of the hotel on a day the swell is small. Imagine dropping a bait in the back line there.  

Psy

Sealiner
MR K..... I hope to fish any 'krans' and we have quite a few this neck of the woods. Fransmans; Gerikes ; Buffels Bay; Blokke (and all the others inbetween)::S  :fishn Will be good to see a short demo...the mossel bay ou's just use their cell phones...lol. Im not soley looking for shark, im hoping to fly lures to the deep water and allow them to 'troll' in the deeper blue, hoping for something like Y tail and Tuna. I also think the essence here is to go with live bait and get hung up on some nice game fish species. Def and I are sure gonna klap it!! Thanks for all your lekka tips and photos, (heres a handfull of Mana) maybe one day you can teach us how to play pool as well....lol. :)

kitefisher

Sealiner
More ferries,handcrafted by a mate of mine a couple of years back,obviously works best when wind is right in your back,or need to be weighted on the side that the wind is coming from.

Attachments

• DSC00919.JPG
    DSC00919.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 555

kitefisher

Sealiner
Close-up of release mechanism,simple yet effective,with this mechanism the angler decides when to drop by giving a slight strike,and needn't he wait for the ferry to reach stopper ring. Cant think of any distinct advantage to this method ,except on the very rare occassion that he is perhaps ferrying a bullet-spoon out and wants to drop it on top of a school of sardines.lol(ever the optimist)

Attachments

• DSC00921.JPG
    DSC00921.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 548

kitefisher

Sealiner
I place this photo with acknowledgement to the SEALINER who posted it a year or so ago,the mechanism looks fairly straight forward.

Attachments

• DSC00788.JPG
    DSC00788.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 549

Enigma

Kitefisher.

That bait ferry is supplied assembled and ready for use by www.windsongkites.co.za they also supply a  1m and 65cm square kite with basic tacking adjustments

Bait ferry around R240

1m kite R 220

65cm kite R145

kitefisher

Sealiner
Cheers for the info Enigma,I have their whole range amongst others,but the prices you mentioned will come in handy for prospective kite-anglers.I havent seen their Taxi's yet,maybe you can post a pic if you have one.

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=33791&forum_id=82

Btw,welcome to the new Kitefishing forum,when you have time you should post a bit about your Mazzepa kite-efforts.

Sorry I am a bit slow as usual,I take it the yellow taxi in the last pic is the one supplied by Windsong,lol

tothesea

Hey guys...I know this is an old thread now, but does anyone happen to know the dimensions for the larger muller ferry? just the width across the top of the spreader, and the length of the spine going down would be enough...Im based in the UK so planning on making one! Thanks in advance!

Psy

Sealiner
Kenty wrote:
Psy wrote:
I can dig the kite out and me a sure for you
Give me time Xmas is coming
;)Youve had enough time..give the okie his measurements...

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Kenty...i looked at this thread the other day and reminded myself to take the kite kit down and assemble it, as I have another boy also asking!
This time round Ill sort it out.

_seal1_

Kenty

Sealiner
Psy wrote:
Kenty wrote:
Psy wrote:
I can dig the kite out and me a sure for you
Give me time Xmas is coming
;)Youve had enough time..give the okie his measurements...

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Kenty...i looked at this thread the other day and reminded myself to take the kite kit down and assemble it, as I have another boy also asking!
This time round Ill sort it out.

_seal1_
:hyst::hyst:_seal1_