struben dam

Lou101

Don't give up bud, not yet.  You don't catch fish there allways, you tend to lose more lures than fish landed but when you do manage to get them, the fight is well worth it.

r2d2c3po

What time does the gates at struben open in the mornings? I'm thinking of going there for some bass on saturday morning(6Mar).

SmokingToe

Yea they open from 6:00 till 18:00 as far as i know, went there last weekend.. blanked :( Going to attempt it again on saturday after a visit to the angling shop :)

peterj

Hey guys is struben safe to fish?
Witnessed quite a hectic mugging there not long ago....scary stuff.

Billaridoo

I fish there often, more often as I think I should, hehehehe. Never been mugged, never been bothered.
Patience is the word. I can safely say that 3 out of the 4 times I go there, I land a fooshie. The weather plays a big role in fish biting there. The past week we felt the first of the cold. Give it 3 days of sunshine and good weather, then go.
Cast near fallen tree stumps, inbetween reeds and 1-3m along the dam wall, focus on areas with small bits of structure along the dam wall.

Good luck.

Steffie

was at struben dam yesterday :) managed to pull out this bugger :) weighed in at 2,56kg :) dont hate on struben dam guys....keep fishing!

Attachments

• BASS.jpg
    BASS.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 73