SEALINE ROCK AND SURF PHOTO COMP

Phoenix 1

Bronzy
Length: 1,73m
Weight: +-75kg
Duration: 25min till it was landed on the beach.

Rod: Blue Marlin ELS 13ft6 T-Flex #6
Reel: Shimano Ultegra 14000
Line: Sufix 25kg 8 Strand Braid
Leader: 9m 36kg Perline Monofilament

Bait: Mackerel head

The Bronzy was safely returned to the water... [/code]

Attachments

• Bronzy_Mile8.jpg
    Bronzy_Mile8.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 844

Phoenix 1

Bronzy
Length: 1,55m
Weight: +-65kg
Duration: 15min till it was landed on the beach.
Date of Catch: 23[sup]rd[/sup] of June 2012
Rod: Blue Marlin ELS 13ft6 T-Flex #6
Reel: Shimano Ultegra 14000
Line: Sufix 25kg 8 Strand Braid
Leader: 9m 36kg Perline Monofilament

Bait: Galjoen head

Attachments

• Bronzy 2.JPG
    Bronzy 2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 833

Stefan001

Species: White Steenbras

Location and Date: Southern Cape 3 April 2012

Fishing Tackle Used: Elbe Waverunner, Diawa Sealine 50, .40mm KFGA and .65mm leader.

Weight:  96cm TL (89cm FL 12.7kg)

The water looked so good in front of the rocks that I decided to try the spot barefoot as I did not bring my rock shoes along. I had to use my lighter rod and reel combo as the gully was wide and the bank looked perfect at the back.
I cast my 5oz cone sinker and 3/0 Mustad big red baited with a liberal amount of prawn on to the foaming bank. A slight bump and the next moment the rod is flattened. I lift the rod setting the hook, I’m not prepared for the power of the fish as it takes line at will and I start to worry as I know there are broken reefs at the back. I slowly start pumping the fish closer, as it reaches the sandbank again, it decides to make another run.
I work it back and over the bank, into the gully where it uses the slight rip to its advantage, making me follow it over the mussel and barnacle encrusted rocks. I bring it back slowly and a helpful wave helps it into the rock pool at my feet.
Before the water pulls back a helpful angler grabs it around the body and lifts it onto the rocks where I’m standing.
My biggest Steenbras ever! I quickly measure it. The fisherman takes a photo of me and my catch, after tagging the beauty; I slowly revive it and release it back to fight another day.

Steenbras.jpg

Stefan001

My Biggest Fish..

Species: White Musselcracker
Location and date: Southern Cape 10 March 2012
Fishing Tackle Used: Assassin Heavy rod, Diawa Saltist, .50mm Suffix and .65mm leader.
Weight: 101cm TL (16KG)

My university friends had come to visit me for the weekend and I wanted to take them for a bit of a dune board and a fish. After taking the long way over the dunes, getting lost and having to bundu bash our way through Rooikranz we get to the fishing spot.
I cast my first rod in and land a sandy. I quickly re-bait with prawn and cast the 6oz cone out into the foaming water of the gulley. As I’m still chatting to my friends, my rod gets flattened and line screams off my reel. I strike, setting the hook and angering the fish even more. He fights doggedly, pulling me at will. But I slowly work the fish closer to shore.
A wave lifts up and I see the fish. My legs go weak at the sight. The fish uses the waves masterfully. Just laying there with its head down and away from me. I work it closer, using the waves to wash it inch by inch closer. Walking with the fish down the beach getting it closer. I helpful set comes along and washes the Musselcracker to where I can grab it by the tail and pull it out.
My Biggest fish ever! The 3/0 Mustad Big Red perfectly hooked in the corner of its mouth. My friends take a quick photo and I slowly carry the fish back to the water, reviving it for 10minutes till I see its fins working and with a strong kick of the tail it swims back to its realm.

Cracker-1.jpg

Conrad Botes

Location:Gericke Point                                                                                                 Specie: White Musselcracker
Fork Length: 82cm    
Date: 30 May 2012
Angler: Matt Louwrens
Rod: Blue Marlin G400, 2/2, T53
Reel: Daiwa Grandwave 40
Line: 16kg Maxima Ultragreen
Hook: Gamagatsu SL12 6/0
Bait: Chokka, sandmussel and live prawn combo
Conditions: water clean but very rough

Comment: This is my best fish of 2012. It put up an exceptional fight, and was the only fish of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 773

Emperor

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys,

Thank you to everyone that entered the SL30 photocomp. I would like to thank our sponsor, Cheapest Fishing Tackle and to every member that participated. The voting process was a nail biting finish, with 3 members tied for 3rd spot.  and......

The winner of the CFTackle, Daiwa SL30 is..........

1st      -     Rinex

2nd     -     Koper

3rd      -     Mahi Mahi

Winners, please forward your postal addresses and mobile contact numbers. admin@sealine.co.za

Attachments

• IMG_1633 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    IMG_1633 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 712

RINEX

Sealiner
:sval::sval::sval::sval::sval::sval::sval::sval::sval:

Thanks Sealine and CFT for the competition and prizes.Congratulations to Koper and Mahi Mahi too !

::tclaph::tclaph::tclaph::tclaph::tclaph::slr::::slr::::slr::::tclaph::tclaph::tclaph::tclaph::tclaph

Bending Rod

:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo::hapmad::hapmad::hapmad:clap12:clap12:clap12:cong:Fabian. Welgedaan.

Welgedaan ook aan Koper en Mahi Mahi.