RDW on fire

scuba

was anyone at rdw this weekend the fishing was mad... caught aaah i can't remember how many. biggest we got was just under 3kg. and we averaged easily 1.6kg per fish...

scuba

mojo and weightless got them mainly on lizards.
green, white and chatreuse, by the dam wall and rocky banks. the bigger fish came out the river end on the darker colours espesially a dark purple with a bit of a black tinge to it. we got plenty small fish of rappie jerk bait yanking them through the grass. but ended that when we got the big bite pattern...

i have not downloaded thephotties yet but they will be up soon...

scuba

mainly 7 inch but i improvised and put a trailer hook on with another lizard on the trailer hook (a bit wierd yes i know) i used this in the dirty water and it worked...

scuba

almost as the trailer hook was atteached to the main hook which only gets to about half way in the first lizard...

basslover

they do this with fly fishing too.sort of the same thing...to get two different depths in one cast...its called "dry and dropper"...the one is at the top while the othe one is a bit deeper.

Ryan

Sealiner

[color=#006600]basslover[/color] wrote:
or...hopper dropper

Eish boet stick to Basss fishing:fbash

You don't nessarliy need a dry fly to fish a dropper..........LOL

I know what scuba is getting at and I am well aware of fishing doule rigs but the two hooks are joined in this case and it makes for one very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggg lure:wfish

basslover

Ryan

Sealiner
LOL - just got to yank your chain a bit - I am just jealous you goin flyfishin tomms.....
Best you give us a good report - goin for yellows this weekend

scuba

can anybody help with where the spawning grounds are on the other dams around PTA. harties, buffelspoort, bronkies, witbank etc etc...

janb

Went out there on Sunday- 4 hours trawling all around the dam, tried every lure in the box- not a bite!