PLEASE HELP RECOVER MY STOLEN TACKLE.

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE HELP
Hello everyone.
Last night my boat was broken into at Wilsons Wharf and ALL my game tackle has been stolen along with a bunch of other things and the Radio/CD player.
This is devastating to me as this is how I earn a living and feed my family. WIthout fishing tackle I cannot run my charters and so I cannot earn a living. I am sick to the depths of my stomach.
I am not insured and ask everyone to report if they know or have seen anything. I ask that everyone looks at the pawn shops around thier area. I need to find this tackle and get it back.
The list of tackle stolen is as follows:

7 x Okuma Makaira 50 reels on Okuma Makaira 80lb rods
- 5 of the 7 Makaira 80lb Rods have bent butts.
All spooled with black backing braid and Berkley Big game Blue 80lb line

2 x Okuma Makaira 30 reels on Okuma Makaira 50lb Rods
1 x Okuma Makaira 20 reels on Okuma Makaira 50lb Rod
2 x Okuma Makaira 20 reels on Okuma Makaira 30lb Rods
All spooled with black backing braid and Berkley Big game Blue 50lb line

2 x Shimano Tyrnos 30 reels on Shimano Tiagra 20-30 Rods
Both Spooled with Suffix Big Game Yellow 30lb

5 x Shimano TLD 25 Reels on Shimano Tiagra 20-30 Rods
All spooled with Berkely Big game blue 30lb

This is a total of 19 Rods and reels with a value of over R200000.00

Please I ask everyone to try help me recover this tackle.

kennylau

:X:X I am so very sorry to hear about this Captain!!!

Will go out of my way this side to assist. Any possibility of some photos?

I have been doing investigations for years. Perhaps the following could help :-
1. Any distinctive marks, paint etc on any of your tackle
2. Check your charters for the past few months, lets say from November. See if any of them are registered at SAMSA. Perhaps a boat owner himself on the prowl. He perhaps went with you to check out your system. I know it is a long shot, but it needs to be investigated.
3. Any security cams where your boat is stored or where the theft took place?
4. Any security cams on the way there? Check out the cams at the the highway garages.(Does not matter how far away) Experience tought us that they usually stop there to buy something and boast about their catch on their way back.
5. Check out the cams in the immediate vicinity.A radius of about 2km's. They must have made use of transport to steal that amount of tackle.

I solved many a case by making use of cams. These guys gets reckless once they get away. They do not even think that you will check out cams of businesses that has a birds view over the street.

Leave no stone unturned sir. The value of your property warrants it.

All of the best....we will keep an eye on the web.

Kind Regards

::cavmn:swear:uzi

Dion-zn

This really is terrible. You probably know, but have you checked the pawn shops in the point area. The stealers must know that these guys will buy it too.

kennylau

The fact that the radio & cd player was stolen also points towards someone not very pro. An opportunist. Go and search for your stuff at the South pier also.

sakn

Sorry to hear about this Mike.

Don't hesitate to check the boats at Wilsons.Some really shady characters crewing there.

It does not appear to be a one man job. Offer a reward, someone may talk.

BigBen

Sealiner
You run charters, make living by what you do and NOT insured? Hope and trust your boat is insured?

That's a high risk already for your business bro.
Hope you insure all goods in future to run your clearly successful business.

Good luck and best wishes in recovering your goods.