OSCAR TRIAL

the trial is unfolding nicely now.
more interesting testimony to come.

I agree that I just want justice to be done, no matter who you are or how many money you have, you are bound by the same rules as the poor.

QAZA

In 'n neutedop:

Maybe look @ RSA recent lawless history, and why should it be changed

If politicians can get free....
Oscar must be free
and should I do something like that, I should be free.
Let the tendency continue.

If you've only got a hammer, everything looks like nails.

I live in RSA where the government does not have the capacity or interest to keep/guarantee me reasonable safe.
I will also shoot first before asking questions.

Murderers, I suppose, will not ask you if he can shoot you, rapists will not ask your permission, child molesters do not get permission from the kid or their parents....my own safety comes first (with an itchy trigger finger I might add)

Jo.rademeyer wrote:
Yes, very interesting.

In my opinion, he did not commit premeditated murder. But he is a cowboy, very incompetent with firearms. You can't shoot at something that you are not 100% sure of, and you only draw or shoot when your life is in immediate danger.

Whatever happens, he will never possess a firearm again, and that is a good thing.
I tend to agree with you. I think he is a bit of a coward. I think he was walking around with a weapon just waiting for an opportunity to shoot "a criminal". He thought this was his opportunity but unfortunately because he is a coward, he shot the "intruder" through a closed door.

Stormycape

benniejordaan wrote:
Jo.rademeyer wrote:
Yes, very interesting.

In my opinion, he did not commit premeditated murder. But he is a cowboy, very incompetent with firearms. You can't shoot at something that you are not 100% sure of, and you only draw or shoot when your life is in immediate danger.

Whatever happens, he will never possess a firearm again, and that is a good thing.
I tend to agree with you. I think he is a bit of a coward. I think he was walking around with a weapon just waiting for an opportunity to shoot "a criminal". He thought this was his opportunity but unfortunately because he is a coward, he shot the "intruder" through a closed door.

Hi
The only question to be answered is whether he knew or foresaw the reasonable possibility that she was in the bathroom. That knowledge or the lack thereof will be inferred from the objective facts. Thus far it doesn't look good for him at all.

SC

Transkeikat

benniejordaan wrote:
Jo.rademeyer wrote:
Yes, very interesting.

So then why did neighbours hear 2 people fighting, and why was there food in her tummy if he claims they went to bed at 10pm, why were the house lights on, etc. he is not just a cowboy, but a psycho !!!! Move over Norman Bates !!!!!!

Patrick

Sealiner
His version is just so far fetched and makes no sense when you look at how things would happen in a normal situation. You wake up, hear a noise in the bathroom and grab your gun and let rip. How do you fail to notice that your partner isn't in bed alongside you? Or even check before you go discharging a firearm. Especially when you had to fetch the firearm from the side of the bed where your partner was lying.

And I'm pretty sure his original statement said that he saw the bathroom window was open and he then thought of the ladder that the workmen had left outside and thats why he became afraid? Now his defence is saying that he says the bathroom window was closed?

Ai ai, cant they just feed him some truth serum and let him take the stand

Patrick wrote:
His version is just so far fetched and makes no sense when you look at how things would happen in a normal situation. You wake up, hear a noise in the bathroom and grab your gun and let rip. How do you fail to notice that your partner isn't in bed alongside you? Or even check before you go discharging a firearm. Especially when you had to fetch the firearm from the side of the bed where your partner was lying.

And I'm pretty sure his original statement said that he saw the bathroom window was open and he then thought of the ladder that the workmen had left outside and thats why he became afraid? Now his defence is saying that he says the bathroom window was closed?

Ai ai, cant they just feed him some truth serum and let him take the stand

he will get his day in court, still early days.

its gonna be interesting..

trying to get the sec 220 admissions.

by making admissions, the state only has to prove which is disputed.

so in a sense the trial is not complete.

if he did not make any admissions acc to sec 220.

then the state needs to prove everything.
from a, b, c, d, e ....to by z.

so in a sense, the public at large is only getting half a court trial and not a complete one.

thus still leaving the public in the dark as to how it is done.

Gone.fishing4

FLUKE wrote:
benniejordaan wrote:
I'm finding it very interesting... Anyone else following it?

Premeditated or accident?

Just what I hear on the news is about as much interest as I have, Can't say I have an educated opinion but the picture seems to be premeditated as him thinking it was an intruder is a lie IMO, though the truth is probably "accidental" in a fit of rage.

Sounds very much like she locked herself in the bathroom and he tried to shoot the door open except she was behind the door??? I'd still consider it murder as anyone shooting a gun into a bathroom must know that the risk of a the bullet ricochaing and hitting the person is very high, and then 3 shots hitting her!! and if shooting at the door to get to someone!! what are your intentions once you get to them??????

So many Shots at an unseen target whether an intruder or not.........I hope he goes to jail.

I AGREE WHY DID HE NOT CHECK THE BED BEFORE GOING BACK TO THE BATHROOM AFTER HE WENT TO FETCH HIS GUN!!!! ASSHOLE MUST GO TO JAIL!!!!!

$harkBait1

How about putting him under hypnosis and asking him to recall all that took place that evening? Will that be accurate? If so, this saga can end and no one will have to speculate anymore.......my 2c, still think its a lovers quarrel and she tried to hide from his rage in the bathroom

born free

Guilty there are just too many factors, I think a good question is whetherhis lawyer can get him off prpremeditated ? And he seems to be doing a pretty good job of it..........

born free wrote:
Guilty there are just too many factors, I think a good question is whetherhis lawyer can get him off prpremeditated ? And he seems to be doing a pretty good job of it..........

klagte is moord.

die beste ding wat hulle wel gedoen het, wat om dit met die borg aansoek n bylae 6 misdryf te gemaak het.

dit beteken dat hy redes moes verskaf om op borg vry gelaat te word.
dit het die gevolg gehad dat hy n verweer gegee het, sy borg aansoek verklaring.

so die staat moet dan net dit te ondersoek, om sy verweer hok te slaan.
die ander nittie grittie is nie nodig nie.

hy kan nou ook nie van sy borg aansoek verklaring afwyk nie, hy moet daarby hou.

anders sal die hof se, hy pas sy verweer aan soos die verhoor verloop.
en dit beteken net slegte dinge vir hom.

ek teen die tyd weet ons almal, dis moord uit n humeur bui.
nie moord met voorbedagte rade nie.

persoonlik dink ek nie, dat hy met sy verweer gaan slaag nie.
ons sal maar moet sien, die puzzles kom nou mooi bymekaar.
daai gun proficiency wat hy gedoen het gaan hom eina maak, in my opinie.