Nice kickoff to the season

Bigmouth

I caught this goldie this afternoon at the Flyfishing Venue on Garsfontein rd Pretoria.

Was caught on a 4 weight sinking line and a beaded white death.

Boy he gave me a good fight.

The pull scale showed 4kg but I guess more in the line of 3.5kg

What a nice way to start the season.

::S

Attachments

• P5290046.JPG
    P5290046.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 800

aquadementia

Sealiner
very nice fish Bm... just a tip, when holding fish for photo's, have your thumbs on their backs and your 8 other fingers underneath... that way the fish isnt hidden by your hands

Bigmouth

river_runs_through_it wrote:
it is catch and release?

is it possible to pm me the lats and longs the pic is a little un clear

Thanks man

Yes, catch & release permitted.

R100 rod fee on weekends

R50 rod fee on weekdays

Lats - -25.925952°

Longs - 28.439855°

you can speak to Braam Swart on 0832504029

Stones

Hi Bigmouth

Nice goldie but doesn't look 3.5 to me, maybe just they the way aqua explains it? But nice fish anyways. I know where that place is, nice setting especially close to the city.

Here is a pic of a fish just over that mark.

Well done and apologies for the critisism.

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 763

Bigmouth

Stones wrote:
Hi Bigmouth

Nice goldie but doesn't look 3.5 to me, maybe just they the way aqua explains it? But nice fish anyways. I know where that place is, nice setting especially close to the city.

Here is a pic of a fish just over that mark.

Well done and apologies for the critisism.

I didn't believe it either so when I got home I loaded the weighnet with 2x2l bottles and it showed 3.8kg, so the scale can not be THAT much out.

Stones

Ok, was just wondering. That's a pretty hectic fish for the city. I have friends who stay just around the corner and always drove past there, wondering what the fishing is like. I suppose it's a great place to go if you got withdrawls and can't travel far.

Cheers 

royboy

Sealiner
Thanks for the Heads-up - nice Goldie

I live in Faerie Glen and didn't even know of the spot......Mmmmmm when I am not at sea....... I can play with my litttle 3wt outfit. Yeehaaa!

AnglerX

Hi Bigmouth, great goldie there!! I was told about this place recently and definately plan to get around to Braam's place within the next few weeks. I presume he stocks regularly and is the fishing overall good?

spongebobxxx

Nice fish well done

This is the one I got at footlose last weekend :)

I think I will give that place a go

Attachments

• Image0025.jpg
    Image0025.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 705

Kipi die kingfisher

Lekker vissie (of moet eder seker sê VIS) daar largemouth. Ek was 3 weke terug daar, het 4 die oggend gevang. Het jy meer as net daai goldie gevang?

Jaco_Jaco

Mooi vis Bigmouth !

en al julle ander sin is net so mooi !

Ek begin nou maar die trout ding doen en geniet dit erg !

4kolfish

hi big, thanks for the info on the place sounds really cool. will give it a bash soon. sorry to bug you on this but are you sure those coke bottles where full? doesn't look like a 3.5 to me, my 5 cents. sorry..... :beer

Couta-Cuack

Hallo,

Firstly thank you for the information regarding the garsfontein venue!  Didn't have the faintest that it existed!  Will go give it a try!  And congrats on the goldie!!

I also don't want to be a critic but fish doesn't look 3.5 kgs to me either. :fbash  One explanation could be that if you were using one of those explorer nets to weigh the fish is that they have a lbs on the one side and kg's on the other.  And 4 lbs looks about right! Well thats my 2c.

Bigmouth

Heres some more fish caught at the same venue today.

Brrrrrrrrrr, what a cold day!!!!

Maybe its time to invest in a propper digital scale, these pull scales doesn't work so lekker.

Attachments

• P6090064.JPG
    P6090064.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 628