My current weapons of choice. -0.21 Double-X Legen

reynard

Naruto wrote:
Using a clinch knot I tie the line on to the swivel. I hold the spool between my legs so I can pull the line tight and this helps to wind the line nice and neat to form the clinch knot. I tied these so the whole hooklink is +-13cm long in total. Only then do I cut the line from the spool.
Hi Naruto how long do you make you sinker line from swivel to swivel as the hook length is +- 13 cm

Naruto

Sealiner
reynard wrote:
Naruto wrote:
Using a clinch knot I tie the line on to the swivel. I hold the spool between my legs so I can pull the line tight and this helps to wind the line nice and neat to form the clinch knot. I tied these so the whole hooklink is +-13cm long in total. Only then do I cut the line from the spool.
Hi Naruto how long do you make you sinker line from swivel to swivel as the hook length is +- 13 cm
Mine is between 20 and 25cm long.

N.VOS

hi Nuruto

sal jy altyd jou hoek lentes 13cm hou

maak jy ook altwee jou hoek lentes ewe lank

die skag lyn van die strop is 25cn lank genoeg of moet dit langer of korter wees

thanks man dit is altyd lekker om jou post te lees en dankie dat jy jou kennis met ons deel

N.VOS

N.VOS wrote:
hi Nuruto

sal jy altyd jou hoek lentes 13cm hou

maak jy ook altwee jou hoek lentes ewe lank

die skag lyn van die strop is 25cn lank genoeg of moet dit langer of korter wees

thanks man dit is altyd lekker om jou post te lees en dankie dat jy jou kennis met ons deel
jammer man het nou net gsien jy het klaar gese die skag lyn is 20cm-25cm lank

Naruto

Sealiner
Soos ek hom hier maak is hoe ek hom meeste van die tyd gebruik. Hoeklyne kan verskil afhangende van die tipe bodem bv. Langer as daar baie modder is.

Naruto

Sealiner
hippo wrote:
Hi N,

have you ever considered a small loop for attaching the trace to your clip swivel?  Not only is it a lot easier to slip a loop over a clip-on, especially when you're catching alot of fish and changing traces regularly, you can also hang it from the "U" of the rod rest which makes baiting up so much easier and best of all, you eliminate a swivel.

You can also consider slipping a "gummy" stop over the main line, below the loop.  I normally make the main line on my Rietvlei ±35cm and use the "gummy" to "lock" the top hook closer to feed.  When fishing in venues where I may experience silt or shy fish, I'll move the "gummy" to the top of the trace, allowing the top hook to move as far away from the feed during the cast, as possible.

Enjoy :fishn

I have changed over to the loop not long after I made this thread. Works much better than a swivel and it is even possible to slip the sliding hooklink off if needed...

atish.rowjee

Hi Naruto. Great turtorial. I never did use beads before I read this tutorial. The beads really help protect the knots.

I have a question though, how often does one replace a trace after being used? Every session a brand new trace with new sharp hooks?

Naruto

Sealiner
I prefer new rigs, or at least new hooklinks as the hooklinks tend to weaken after and during a session...

Naruto

Sealiner
These days I use mostly a single hook(at the bottom) trace. Still get the same amount of pick-ups and its safer for the fish. And I don't loose as much traces getting stuck on underwater grass etc.

atish.rowjee

Thanks Naruto. I also make new rigs for every sessions. The reason I asked is my fishing buddy uses the same rigs till it breaks or snaps. But the issue I have with that is that it could snap while you are reeling in a fish. Thanks for your reply.

Steffen

Hi Guys, I happen to find and was inquisite to see what it performed like and let me tell you one thing, this line surprised me beyond belief. Super strong, soft, abrasion resistent, super high knot strenght the only problem, super scarce. THe line: Red Bravo from Ion Power Awa-Shima. I asked Western Accessories to get me some but still waiting a reply. Don`t take my word for it go test it yourself!!!!!:whisp:clap12

Naruto

Sealiner
Steffen wrote:
Hi Guys, I happen to find and was inquisite to see what it performed like and let me tell you one thing, this line surprised me beyond belief. Super strong, soft, abrasion resistent, super high knot strenght the only problem, super scarce. THe line: Red Bravo from Ion Power Awa-Shima. I asked Western Accessories to get me some but still waiting a reply. Don`t take my word for it go test it yourself!!!!!:whisp:clap12
PM Enigma as he is the man to talk to about Awa-Shima...

Visman

cropped-Gly-Rietvlei-Strop.jpg

Jabu737

Just a warning, guys.

Test your different knots with the same line and see which one breaks the easiest by using a pull scale to pull the line.

I found my 'faithful' old knot came in second place, behind a different and easier knot to tie. Tie and try your knots, you might just be surprised.