Langebaan lagoon spots for tail or anything else Friday 28 April?

You are going to waste your time; the season has come and gone. You will find the odd stump on "The Line"; maybe you can target Cob at night in the same area or you can run to Spreeuwalle in the hope of getting something.

trier

I would prefer to keep hope alive as the baan is always full of surprises but i seriously doubt you going to get tail. Try the line with changing tide, check water temp. Watch the locals

necrovis

Any luck?

Was an amazing day out there today. The next 2 days does not seem to look as good, especially with the forecasted Northerly moving in.

hootch007

was great we pulled in 47 white stumpnose 14 Rock Cod and 1 shark. only took home 4. nice to see that the lagoon is producing a lot of babies.

trier

hootch007 wrote:
was great we pulled in 47 white stumpnose 14 Rock Cod and 1 shark. only took home 4. nice to see that the lagoon is producing a lot of babies.
Told you not to underestimate the baan, but Rock Cod?. Do you have a picture?

hootch007

I've always known these to be a rock cod "klipvis" sounds like it's the afrikaans translation. can I be corrected if I am wrong here? Disclaimer... all these rock cod were released unharmed lol

Attachments

• 20170428_151924.jpg
    20170428_151924.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 293
hootch007 wrote:
I've always known these to be a rock cod "klipvis" sounds like it's the afrikaans translation. can I be corrected if I am wrong here? Disclaimer... all these rock cod were released unharmed lol

No problem, makes sense now, rock cod are slightly different, Klipvis are mostly blennies as different species.

mostly South Africans catch the following species defined as rock cod from the shore:

Yellow Belly
Cat Face
White Edge
Yellow Edge

if i have left any out someone can fill it in.

Looks like you had a good day man welldone!