Is there such a thing as a 'magic bait' that outfishes all other baits?

Bambi

Sealiner
Nice thread J!

In my personal opinion I do believe that if carp is used to either boilies or tigers, more and maybe bigger fish will come out on boilies (HNV of course).

If the food source gives them everything they need, they will keep on eating it.

We have conditioned our dam first with tigers and it didn’t take long before we started catching. Martin Louw said we must change this dam over to boilies (best thing ever).

Then we changed over to boilies, and again not long before we caught on the boilies.

We have been feeding boilies (20-60kg/month) constantly for the last 1.5 years and still catching on boilies. As long as you feed proper HNV boilies you will keep on catching.

We still use tigers and seeds for catching only but catching smaller carp.

Then, for the “CELL”- only Vlad and myself are using Cell boilies currently and the one session Vlad landed 3 of the 4 fish on Cell and on my last session both my fish were caught on Cell

If you feed boilies in the amounts you feed tigers and seeds, boilies I think is definitely the “Magic Bait”.

Bambi

Sealiner
with 6 guys pitching in, its not that bad.

here are the 2 i caught on Cell (used the basemix).

12kg

Attachments

• 3.4 - 12kg.jpg
    3.4 - 12kg.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 260

Boerboel

I have also started to using boilies more often and at certain dams I will only use boilies, I use Carp Hunter Boilies, and they have produced very good results for me but also for some of my friends, especially if you look at the amount of fish and size that came out at Laurentia the past weekend.

But think most of the guys have said it, you must feed plenty as well,

I think if you use most off the boilies available to us and you use 20kg plus, you will have big success

I agree with Boerboel, trying to call any boilie a wonderbait is a bit far fetched.

A wonder bait is a good quality boilie fished propperly. In my opinion South African Anglers are over fishing particles big time.

Jarrt, Im with you, Cell is good bait but to say it has torn waters apart is a bit over the top. Looking at some of these photos, I'm not nearly convinced it has even out-fished local baits that costs half as much, nevermind calling it a "wonder bait"

MadCarper

Sealiner
Haha Johann I would have to say that it has indeed torn some waters apart and it is not over the top. That is what a good bait does. But Cell is not the only good bait out there, and there are other top quality baits that have also "torn waters apart", lol. A handfull of boilies stand out from the rest that have proven themselves as top baits.

That does not mean some local baits arent good either, but you have to agree the overseas bait companies know their sh&t when it comes to bait.

In my own opinion, I look for those baits that catch fish from the word go. I am not in a position to prebait loads anymore, so I need a bait that works on short sessions, keeps working throughout the session and keeps catching the whole season. ;) I think that is one aspect that seperates the best baits from the good ones out there....

Stiff_Rig

Hi,

I am with Johan here.

The Cell may be a bait thats doing ok...but its nothing special....and I certainly would not pay the exorbitant price that Mainline market it for....but I digress...this is off the point...my apologies to the OP.

Don't fish the Cell so I wont know. I don't label GT boilies as magic/wonder bait though, although it performs really well.

Did I miss something? Since when is this about GT boilies?

jarttt

thanks for these posts here guys- its great when it gets to the interesting stage when people haul out more than a few lines' answer.

renrew we must talk (some more :)) i would love to know what that stuff is!!

no offence meant to gt boilies Johan- when someone says "its ok, but there are other baits which are pretty much as good and half the price" then it is unclear which baits you were thinking about?

mc def agree with you that there are a couple of those 'wonder boilies'. in this regard the UK with there heavy and consistant fishing pressure. where every fish has seen a hook and a tonne of different baits (and has a name) the chances of catching drop off dramatically and for stuff to work there it has to be a bit special.

we are lucky in that sense in SA as our fish are comparitively virgin. on the other hand wild fish we dont know baits are another challenge of their own. and we have the overpopulation issues which are not a big problem in colder climes....

Stiff_Rig

Hi Madcarper

Well for a start my own, because I know exactly what goes into them, and I refuse to pay almost double what it costs me now for a bait that relies largely on powdered additives and liquid foods.

Back to the point...the closest to a magic bait is a proper food bait boilie fished properly....

MadCarper

Sealiner
Nothing wrong with making your own baits Stiffrig, and I agree one knows what goes into it, and if it works well then even better.

"a bait that relies largely on powdered additives and liquid foods".... Why would that be bad? I agree with some baits being way too expensive, but in terms of make-up they are also very good and some of them very effective.

Yes I know its abit offtopic, lol...

Stiff_Rig

Hi Madcarper

I agree that such baits could be effective, my actual issue is the cost of these baits. They are marketed as all singing and dancing food baits when they are in fact lower cost base mixes loaded with additives.