Cooler box mods

sailesh

Hello Kumz

Could you e mail the process to me with regard to converting the box into the ultimate chiller

Regards

Sailesh

angler

Why cant we use the normal plastic cooler boxes and modify the lid?These boxes are about R80 and very light.Another guy suggested using the matting that is used to seal up shower cubicles prior to tiling.

angler

Why cant we use the normal plastic cooler boxes and modify the lid?These boxes are about R80 and very light.Another guy suggested using the matting that is used to seal up shower cubicles prior to tiling.

rofflign

Sealiner
[color=#006600]angler[/color] wrote:
I bought one of those el cheapo boxes from checkers(R49 for 12l) and pumped the walls and lid full of systa foam, used about 1/2 a tube so thats about another 50 bucks,man that thing keeps the bait frozen solid all day long,with 2 ice bricks on top of the bait and news paper packed in the open space above that...all in all 100 bucks,what a bargain! still going to test it against my safari 8l and see which one is tops..reckon it's gonna be close. 

angler

Questions

1.Where do I get this stuff from

2.Is is the same thing that is used for freezer lids

3.How did you get this stuff into the lid as I believe the lid is hollow

4.How much heavier did it make the box

5.Did you remove the polystyrene prior to packing the walls up

rofflign

Sealiner
[color=#006600]angler[/color] wrote:
Questions

1.Where do I get this stuff from
any hardware store has it
2.Is is the same thing that is used for freezer lids
sorry don't know
3.How did you get this stuff into the lid as I believe the lid is hollow
drill holes and just squirt the stuff in, do small sections at a time as it needs time to expand
4.How much heavier did it make the box
the box is about the same weight as a safari
5.Did you remove the polystyrene prior to packing the walls up
no the box I used had some cheap fibre matting inside which I left in place.

gut

Re coating polystyrine box , Cemcrete make a product called Flexbond, it is alatex additive which is mixed with cement to make awaterproof and hard exterior coating .MIX  3 WATER 1 FLEXBOND APPLY AS A PRIMER , 2nd coat add cement to thicken into a thin past , with this coat use a fibreglass tissue coat paint  again with cement mixture and paint. Inside apply 2 coats primer coat ,without cement, and paint.I suggest a enamel [ TURPS BASE] Velvaglo would be good.

gut

Homie

Sealiner
Hey Gut,

On the home screen, or the "recent" page click on My Account.

Then click on " Profile"

Your details will open up, and you can edit them.

Ta.

Trying to post pics, but my pc playing up.