Carp on fly

Kromstok

At varsity went to Knellpoort dam near Wepener, the dam offers gr8 opportunities for sight fishing for carp and barbel. Every one was taken on blood worm.

some picks :

Attachments

• Knell 011.jpg
    Knell 011.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 200

camstaude

Hey Marno where did you catch those sick puppies and what fly's do carp generally go for?

I see in the previous posts they took bloodworm.

I am hopefully finally going fishing on Saturday since i asked you for some places at the end of May. Looking at going to Brookwood Estate.

marno

Hi camstaude,

The biggest one of the three was at brookwood and caught on a bloodworm. The second photo was at Kloofzicht Lodge and also on a bloodworm. The third photo was at Kloofzicht, but I caught that one on DDD as they were top feeding and sucking some sort of food from the surface.

camstaude

Awesome Marno

thanks for the info. Will see if i can catch some carp this weekend. Will have to pick up some bloodworm before i head on out.

thanks again and hopefully i will have some photo's to post come monday :)

Dragondale

nice fish to all. you guys should try hooking into the submarines in and around sandvlei though. some seriously gargantuan carp round there. fish it every w-end if i can. my best is a 15kg on a 5wt, so kudo's for the 10kg on the light rod man!
theres been gig bastards of over 20kg's caught in sandvlei on fly, also coastal park

Dragondale

my biggest carp on fly to date. tipped the scales at 15kg even. i took the photo with my phone, so one of the guys fishing there held the fish up for me.

Attachments

• Photo-0151.jpg
    Photo-0151.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 142