bass heads

nobbles

Use the whole fish, especially the 500g ones. Cut off all fins, that dorsal fin is sharp and the fish aften drop the bait when that is felt. I have caught on heads and whole bass as well as fillets. But in the Vaal there are monsters so a 500g to 1kg bait is not to big. Just the right size for a snack.

Mission Man

:welcomesea:

do a search there is plenty of in depth threads about distance, but its more about depth of the water when it comes to Barbel, a safe bet is round the 3m mark, although at night they do come closer to shore provided that there isn't excessive noise and artificial light. always helps to have a fish finder or sinker on line to measure the depth of water and holes that they might be hiding in.

Ant86

Sealiner
I use whole bass up to 750g in the river above the barrage, as Nobbles says cut the fins smash the body and head up a bit, cut a few slits in the body so the juice can escape and send it out. Its been quite a good bait for me so far.

Gcvanheerden

They will probally take most carp baits just search a bit.They are very oily and alot more attractive than a normal carp as bait.

Gcvanheerden

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=29993&forum_id=80&highlight=grass+carp

There are other links but can't seem to find them.