barble baits

Skuimkop

Sealiner
AYOBA! wrote:
Skuimkop wrote:
AYOBA! wrote:
Apparently this one tasts like biltong, have a  paste like texture, nice hookbait…

Gaan dan flippen awesome werk met die bait holders van Team Catfish.
Riaan, ek werk die naweek, :(, soek jy 'n paar vd sweats om te gaan try?

Gaan die naweek bietjie Quad bike jaag. Daar is 'n 4 x 4 fees by Bon Accord waarna ons toe gaan ry en bietjie daar rond hang so ek fish nie die naweek nie.

Is jy 'n lid van Fell se plek (Zeekoeigat)? Indien wel moet ons verseker plan maak om 'n sessie daar in te sit.

Skuimkop

Sealiner
AYOBA! wrote:
ken nie van Fell se plek (Zeekoeigat) nie

BAIE, BAIE, mooi venue net bo (Suid) Roodeplaat N-Tvl gronde. Uitstekende fasiliteite ens. Slegs lede word toe gelaat om daar te hengel so die druk is nie naastenby so erg soos by N-Tvl gronde en Hengelaars vriend nie. Jy kan ook net deur 'n bestaande lid, lid word by die plek. Dink jy betaal R240 of R270 per jaar en dan R15 per 12 ure as jy daar gaan vang. Way die moeite werd. Jy moet skree as jy belangstel.

nobbles

Anything is worth a shot. But i agree, if there soft you could push it right into the bait holder and it will stay on the hook for alot longer.

Any idea what the protien content of the sweets is?

@Antjar, Ya the pattern is like finding a key to paradise, once you have cracked live becomes a dream.

nobbles

lol. If its high in protien it will have a much greater chance of landing you a cat. Like our pre made baits that will be here end of year. Its based on cheese, to get the protien levels up to where you know its going to get eaten. But id try find the fish first, get one or 2 on a normal bait than when you know where they are and that they are feeding put that sweet in the water.

AYOBA!

Sealiner
nobbles wrote:
lol. If its high in protien it will have a much greater chance of landing you a cat. Like our pre made baits that will be here end of year. Its based on cheese, to get the protien levels up to where you know its going to get eaten. But id try find the fish first, get one or 2 on a normal bait than when you know where they are and that they are feeding put that sweet in the water.
cool...will try it...

TimJan

Sealiner
Jy weet in die "OU" dae het my pa en oupa met bruin brood en of kerrie of custard karp gevang vandag sit ek met n sak wat halfte van my kar se boot opneem on karp te vang. Vandag gebruik ek n karp kop en gaan vang n baber maar lykmy een van die day gaan ek n groter sak he vir baber vang as karp. Sal ook like om te weet of daardie "sweets" werk of nie. Moet se hulle lyk nie baie lekker nie.

AYOBA!

Sealiner
TimJan wrote:
Jy weet in die "OU" dae het my pa en oupa met bruin brood en of kerrie of custard karp gevang vandag sit ek met n sak wat halfte van my kar se boot opneem on karp te vang. Vandag gebruik ek n karp kop en gaan vang n baber maar lykmy een van die day gaan ek n groter sak he vir baber vang as karp. Sal ook like om te weet of daardie "sweets" werk of nie. Moet se hulle lyk nie baie lekker nie.
glo my, as jy dit ruik sal jy dit nie wil proe nie

Josh2610

@Antjar - sure man. will hopefully be taking a trip soon and will report back.

Guys.. How exactly do you "find the pattern" ? Because i usually leave my rods in for 2hours max before i rebait, so if i get no bite at all within that 2hours should i keep alternating baits and cast distances?

Skuimkop

Sealiner
Josh2610 wrote:
@Antjar - sure man. will hopefully be taking a trip soon and will report back.

Guys.. How exactly do you "find the pattern" ? Because i usually leave my rods in for 2hours max before i rebait, so if i get no bite at all within that 2hours should i keep alternating baits and cast distances?

Ja you've got it 100%. I just call it 'cracking the day code' but it's the same thing. Play with different baits with different presentations at different spots/depths until you get picked up. Then you can stick with that bait/presentation until they go off the bite again. Then you must start the hole process again but usually when you 'cracked the day code' you are styling for at least 24 - 48 hours (hence 'day code') unless nothing major changes like weather or water levels etc.

nobbles

That's why I fish 3 rods. Put the same bait on 2 rods and a different one on the other. I will scout the water than position them at different spots I think ill get a pick up. When I get the pic up. Ill make sure I have that bait on 2 rods and than position around that area. The 3rd rod is always out some where else. So I try cover another aspect.

For interest sake I just bought 2 300g trout. They have been gutted. Goin to toy with a bait idea tonight. Any 1 used trout?

Cheetha FS

Sealiner
nobbles wrote:
That's why I fish 3 rods. Put the same bait on 2 rods and a different one on the other. I will scout the water than position them at different spots I think ill get a pick up. When I get the pic up. Ill make sure I have that bait on 2 rods and than position around that area. The 3rd rod is always out some where else. So I try cover another aspect.

For interest sake I just bought 2 300g trout. They have been gutted. Goin to toy with a bait idea tonight. Any 1 used trout?
mmmmmm How lus i am now for a stuffed trout! Souds awsome let us know how it went!

TimJan

Sealiner
Nobbles Now that is an interesting idea to use trout I just might go and catch a couple at the local trout farm and will use them when I go to Chelmsford next month. Maybe I can even get a bag full of intestines for a feeding spot.

nobbles

Ya, I have the same plan. I have a list of around 30 baits ill be testing through the summer. So I will be finding the trout farm near me and get all the waste.

Cheetha u not far wrong. One of the trout is going out whole with 2 baby chickens stuffed into the cavity. The other I haven't come up with an idea for yet

Mmmm....this thread has certainly given me some ideas. Has anybody ever tried snoek, with all that bursting aroma? Reckon it should create a stir in the water. Maybe I should also just make a trip to a Chinese restaurant before my next visit to the Vaal River & get the foulest smelling thing on the menu :)

Skuimkop

Sealiner
nobbles wrote:
The other I haven't come up with an idea for yet

Fillet one side just around the spine so that you can put a long peace of floating foam in the cut next to the spine. Make sure you do have enough foam in there to 'lift' the bait fish off the bottom so it 'hovers' in low to mid water. With the foam at the highest point of the fish it will float like a fish who are busy dying. This method also puts the bait in sight of the Cats and the movement of the bait in the water also encourages a strike. Make a small incision in the stomach to let the juices out.

You can also fillet both sides and attach it back the wrong way around with ghost cotton so the fleshy parts are on the outside. But I think this will take out the nice colour of the Trout's skin, so I won't do it with a trout.

Skuimkop

Sealiner
steelpulse007 wrote:
Has anybody ever tried snoek, with all that bursting aroma? Reckon it should create a stir in the water.

Snoek heads work a charm BUT only as a luring ground feed and not as a hook bait (don't ask me why, lol). When I was still in Cape Town I wanted to experiment with the thought of making a feeding spot with snoek heads for a couple of days (3 - 4 days) while I fish somewhere else but on the same bank/venue and then targeting the Cats at that spot say the last day or two. My plan was to condition the Cats that there are free chow with no risk and then to climb in under them when they let there guards down on the last day. Never got to this tho. :fbash