barbel record

:::SHi i make use of Awa Shima Monster quest and Berkley 7ft reel shimano speedmaster 6 and nml shimano penn reel and line very very important Perline Hi abrasion or nml Perline  very very tough and strong (this i use most of the times)

then

secondly still shimano multiplier reels with shimano boat rods that's for the big baits that i put out but as you know a lot of times it happens that the lightest rod with small bait pick up the huge catfish and then its a battle and 8 of 10 times you loose the battle.   

Hope this help  if there are other questions feel free to ask
Have a good night
Hennie

Enigma

It's a rock and surf line. You can use any good abrasion resistant line in diameters of 0.50-0.60 with 0.80 and 1mm leaders and hook lines

Steve Catlin

You all know that my 32kg Cat was caught on 14lb line and my previous PB 18kg as well. I am hearing more and more that the monsters pick up light line, is this not telling us something?

joshua02

Enigma wrote:
It's a rock and surf line. You can use any good abrasion resistant line in diameters of 0.50-0.60 with 0.80 and 1mm leaders and hook lines
with that diameter line ill only 60m of line on my baitcaster. I need a thin braid

:::S  Tiaan het omtrent so 2 ure gelede die baber in die koue uitgetrek naby Upington
Ek weet nie wat die gewig was nie maar aas was n viskoppie en klein visstok en perline gebruik
Ek dink dis nogal n mooi vangs so in die winter so weereens die babers byt tog in die winter ook net nie so aktief soos in die somer nie.

Lekker aand 

Attachments

• TIAAN 1.jpg
    TIAAN 1.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 298

tjopsie

Hi there all how is every one doing?
I caught one of the biggest catfish in the witbank dam area at maanlig on a 1-1 action Night hawk reel and 14 rod in winter time the total weight was 19.8 kg and my reel was rigged with 10 pnd trilene for carps.

If there is any one here that would like to go catch BIG cats pm me in springs there is a dam called Murry Park and the biggest i know that came from there was a 34.5 kg barbel.

That place is the ultimate hunting ground for BIG Barbel.

shuraj

Sealiner
tjopsie wrote:
Hi there all how is every one doing?
I caught one of the biggest catfish in the witbank dam area at maanlig on a 1-1 action Night hawk reel and 14 rod in winter time the total weight was 19.8 kg and my reel was rigged with 10 pnd trilene for carps.

If there is any one here that would like to go catch BIG cats pm me in springs there is a dam called Murry Park and the biggest i know that came from there was a 34.5 kg barbel.

That place is the ultimate hunting ground for BIG Barbel.

Maanlig is a very nice venue , but teh boats can be a problem over weekends.

This dam that you talking about , what is the safety like.

tjopsie

As it is in nature.......safety in number and in that dam youcan target various species ie barbel , carp up to 29 kg caught there with specimen , Bass ,curper.

Ant86

Sealiner
Hi Tjopsie

You have me very intrigued , Ive tried to find some more info on the Alexandra Dam and from what I can find it is officially closed ?

My other concern is that it is a very small piece of water in a highly populated area , I looked at it on google earth http://www.fishingdestinations.co.za/letsgofish/details.php?id=96

Looking at the map there dont appear to be any rivers that flow into/out of the dam , so it looks like a closed system. It is a tiny dam compared to Vaal,Bloemhof,Roodeplaat,Bronkies etc

Is the dam being netted? this is usually the 1st thing that happens at a negletted water as a source of food and income .

I would be very surprized if this dam even holds a 15KG fish , it just doesnt look fit size,area wise , isnt being fed by another large source of water etc along with the other factors that Ive mentioned .A good source of food is another obstacle , what are the monsters feeding on?

Im not here to fight , just to debate : ) I would love to hear your thoughts and anyone else that has some input

Kind regards anthony

tjopsie

Murry park a you saw it on google earth is fed by 6 other dams flowing into each other it concists of a small stream / river running down into the sappi dam and from there it runs into the blesbok spruit area food for them well......we saw a barbel swallow a whole (bleshoender) alive from the side where we wher fishing i can promise you the dam has NEVER been netted as we locals tend to chase away the unwanted sources because that is our passion to fish there the deepest point in that dam is 28 foot there are alot of reeds in the sides with abundance of lully pads for the bass and barbel.

some of the locals cuun boys catch them from the side with rod and reel but hardly get them out as they tend to break tge lines.

you are more than welcome to join me any time there as i am only a stone throw away from the dam i dfish the dam atleast 2 a week for bass and barbel and that has been going on for the past 6 years and had the very best of luck by my side.

tjopsie

Murry park a you saw it on google earth is fed by 6 other dams flowing into each other it concists of a small stream / river running down into the sappi dam and from there it runs into the blesbok spruit area food for them well......we saw a barbel swallow a whole (bleshoender) alive from the side where we wher fishing i can promise you the dam has NEVER been netted as we locals tend to chase away the unwanted sources because that is our passion to fish there the deepest point in that dam is 28 foot there are alot of reeds in the sides with abundance of lully pads for the bass and barbel.

some of the locals cuun boys catch them from the side with rod and reel but hardly get them out as they tend to break tge lines.

you are more than welcome to join me any time there as i am only a stone throw away from the dam i dfish the dam atleast 2 a week for bass and barbel and that has been going on for the past 6 years and had the very best of luck by my side.

tjopsie

Antjar wrote:
Thanks Tjopsie , summer is almost here - I would like to give it a go
with plesure come join me and we will hook some proper beasts any one else are more than welcome to contact me 0820409300 tjaart.