Balance bands

Mouldz

Sealiner
Whats the deal with these balance bands,everyone coming into the shop is asking for them,i think someone is making a killing from a very clever maketing plan,I am a practical person and I fail to see how a little magnet can alter your health

alwyn

shelvpower wrote:
Oh my personal opinion is :

It is all in the mind
My opinion is out there, never believed these funny things, but now i have to reconsider, dammn its hard as there are so many knowledgeable people around on this subject. i have heard it helps for broken hips and backs so ill be queuing.

Koper

I'll rather spend that money on a pack of certain blue pills..............

At least you know that will work.::S

Osie

They had us do a test with the band.

You take your hands and put them together (with your fingers interlocked) behind your back and then they push you down. Without the band you lose your balance and fall over, however with the band you stand still and does not fall.

It still did not convince me to buy it. You can get theme for between R550.00 and R150.00 these days and there is no scientific proof that this really works. However everyone that is wearing it swears that it works

A friend has a son with a muscular disorder which prevents him for walking long distances or standig for a long period of time, but when he has the band on he can stand longer and walk further without pain.

Maestro

what if you try that thing with your fingers behind your back with the band on 1st, and see if you fall..then without the band 2nd time (maybe the 2nd time you will be prepared and will try to keep your balance?)..i read an article saying that usage of cellphones,microwaves etc. affects the body & this band helps restore some equilibrium.. even if it helps balance the body to a certain extent, it seems to be unnatural & is bound to sprout some side effects, dont you think? I mean why go experiment when you are perfectly normal at the moment? I remember whenever one youngster used to get car sick, his uncle would stick plasters on his neck & hands & this would cure him instantly..the day that they would forget the plasters was the day he would get car sick again..(regular plasters for minor cuts) haha..mind over matter. Any deep sea fishermen try it for sea sickness?(on really choppy waters,not a flat sea) This band seems to be more of a fashion statement,with every 2nd, (perfectly normal) youngster wearing one..monkey see monkey do..they are definitely making a killing out of this one..whatever the case,i think more research has to go into this thing,from a historical, medical,psychological,scientific & commercial perspective before we can arrive at any solid conclusion..(we may soon discover that wearing the band gets the fisherman more bites due to his balance..any1 here notice that? :-|)

Mombakkie

When they did the "double blind" test on this thing with the guy who developed it he failed every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynbx5JfEwcA

so its bull dust, they call it the placebo effect.

Osie

@ Maestro That was exactly what I told them and didn't buy it, also think it has to do with the mind

Maestro

Human beings by nature want a quick fix for everything..its easier,for improvement of health/balance, to pay R300-R500 and wear a band around the wrist rather than to live a healthy lifestyle by exercising,eating correctly etc,which costs you nothing...no pain,no gain

tuna

Sealiner
dis n pot strooi, mens eis geneig om in alles te glo en dit teen n prys
Glo eerder in die waarheid-dis verniet

CLS

Its all in the mind and a money making racket (wish I thought of it), go on gumtree they range from R30 to R400. (how does one know which is fake ??) Some mates who have them say they work others say there is no difference. If I am given one I will comment back but I will not buy my own.

IF this thing really works, then the traffic cops will bring defeating the ends of justice charges against you ::)
I mean, after 6 beers/drinks, you place a second balance band on your wrist. After every 2 beers/drinks after that, you must putt on a single balance band accordingly. You could walk a straighter line than any politician/car salesman/dentist/attorney.

(apologies to all politicians/car salesmen/dentists/aorneys in advance)

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
In conversation a few weeks back, one of the guys was saying that it's substantially improved his casting distance, is that really possible? Fair enough your balance could effect your casting, but to such an extent?

That a little rubber band could make you cast further, I don't know about that...

Maestro

zulu-X-treme wrote:
In conversation a few weeks back, one of the guys was saying that it's substantially improved his casting distance, is that really possible? Fair enough your balance could effect your casting, but to such an extent?

That a little rubber band could make you cast further, I don't know about that...
lol, if you read my earlier post, i said that soon the guys will say that they get better bites with it, well,here you have it, casting further with the band..only be careful when casting that the line doesnt snag on the band,because then there will be issues.

Brownie

My friend has introduced the CieAura range to South Africa. I have tried most of the products and I am amazed. I normally go for a physio session every month but since wearing the band and using the Pure Relief patch, I dont feel the need to.

There have been testimonials from chronic arthritis patients who are not so dependant on regular treatment after using some of the products.

Each to their own I guess but it works for me and thats all that matters..........

Maestro

Any testimonials from people other than the users,health experts like medical experts,scientists,psychologists etc etc? The fact that it works for some ppl is not 'all that matters' (there are many testimonials from people who say that it has no effect on them) ..illegal drugs work for some ppl & to them thats 'all that matters'..the question is whether it has side effects etc etc & what do the health experts say after researching its effects (or non-effects) ,long term/short term etc.