SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community Home 
Home Recent Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register


 Moderated by: Enigma, Emperor
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Travel rod tubes  Rate Topic 
 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 7th, 2017 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Gareth88
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 27th, 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 107
Equipment: Light base rods, small coffee-grinders and bait-casters.
Best Catch: 14kg Kob
Favorite Fishing Spot: Breede River
Boat: 5m Mariner
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hi Guys,

Looking for a larger travel rod tube for a 2 piece 11 ft spinning rod. Any ideas where I could order one at a reasonable price?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 7th, 2017 08:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Nick_Fraser
Member


Joined: Wed Apr 16th, 2008
Location: Alberton, South Africa
Posts: 228
Equipment: To much to mention
Best Catch: Salt water +-100KG Raggie Freshwater 12.5kg Barbel 4.3kg Mirror Carp
Favorite Fishing Spot: Any where, where I can Fish
Boat: None
Club: Alberton Angling Club
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
depending on how you plan on transporting them, a cheap way is to use drain piping. you get the 150mm and 200mm diameters, then just put screw caps each side.
i do this for my papgooi rods and strapped them to my trailer, can fit 3 rods per 200mm tube.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 7th, 2017 08:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Limpopoking
Sealiner


Joined: Fri May 14th, 2010
Location: Louis Trichardt, South Africa
Posts: 1482
Equipment: The odd rod and reel with some stringy bits and ...
Best Catch: Swine flu
Favorite Fishing Spot: Linene Moz
Boat: Bandit 380
Club: 14lb
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Nick_Fraser wrote:
depending on how you plan on transporting them, a cheap way is to use drain piping. you get the 150mm and 200mm diameters, then just put screw caps each side.
i do this for my papgooi rods and strapped them to my trailer, can fit 3 rods per 200mm tube.


Mine are all out of 110mm pipe. Last offshore trip, I had 6 rods in. :cool:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 7th, 2017 11:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
EugeneC
Sealiner


Joined: Mon Apr 22nd, 2013
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 1537
Equipment: Black Hole
Best Catch: Various
Favorite Fishing Spot: Wild waters
Boat: None
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Contact JigstarAfrica and get a Sportube. It's the last rod tube you'll ever buy. RoyBoy here on Sealine can help you, he's the JigStar big boss.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jul 8th, 2017 10:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Gareth88
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 27th, 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 107
Equipment: Light base rods, small coffee-grinders and bait-casters.
Best Catch: 14kg Kob
Favorite Fishing Spot: Breede River
Boat: 5m Mariner
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Thanks for the response guys. I was hoping there would be someone in the sealine community who makes ride tubes out of pipe and covering it with material and a handle maybe.

I looked at jigstar as suggested but the sport tube seems to be about R2.5K which is a bit steep for me

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 9th, 2017 02:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Psy
Sealiner


Joined: Tue Jun 3rd, 2008
Location: Langvlei Duine, Wildernis., South Africa
Posts: 6922
Equipment: Blue Marlin's/Assasins/Pentagons c/w Shimano's
Best Catch: All sorts
Favorite Fishing Spot: ><((((((ō>
Boat: ><((((((ō>
Club: <ō))))))><
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
i have a few, i can send them to you no charge, you will have to do the postage...or build them from pvc pipe with stoppers etc...

??

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 9th, 2017 05:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Psy
Sealiner


Joined: Tue Jun 3rd, 2008
Location: Langvlei Duine, Wildernis., South Africa
Posts: 6922
Equipment: Blue Marlin's/Assasins/Pentagons c/w Shimano's
Best Catch: All sorts
Favorite Fishing Spot: ><((((((ō>
Boat: ><((((((ō>
Club: <ō))))))><
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
update...the 2x tubes i have measure 1560 ~ they are too short for your use.

free to a good home...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 10th, 2017 08:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Psy
Sealiner


Joined: Tue Jun 3rd, 2008
Location: Langvlei Duine, Wildernis., South Africa
Posts: 6922
Equipment: Blue Marlin's/Assasins/Pentagons c/w Shimano's
Best Catch: All sorts
Favorite Fishing Spot: ><((((((ō>
Boat: ><((((((ō>
Club: <ō))))))><
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Gareth

Fishing Rod Carrier bags.
Made out of 280g Rip stop Canvas.
08ft - 2 pocket = R70.00
10ft - 2 pocket = R80.00
10ft - 3 pocket = R95.00
12ft - 2 pocket = R90.00
12ft - 3 pocket = R100.00
12ft - 4 pocket = R110.00
13ft - 2 pocket = R100.00
13ft - 3 pocket = R110.00
13ft - 4 pocket = R120.00
14ft - 2 pocket = R120.00
14ft - 3 pocket = R135.00
14ft - 4 pocket = R150.00
Colors :
Chocolate Brown.
Grey
Beige.
Please contact us for any additional information or to place your orders :
Carl - 074 046 2531
Christo - 082 536 5422
Email: info@canvasprojects.co.za
We are situated in Pretoria, Kameeldrift East area but we courier all over SA.
Postnet counter to counter @ R99.00. For clients account.
We have been in the canvas business for the past 9 years, so you can be sure of quality.
IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE W/U ORDERS OR QUERIES.

Attachment: rod bags.jpg (Downloaded 305 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 10th, 2017 11:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
BTTB
Senior Member


Joined: Sun Sep 23rd, 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 778
Equipment: Torium 20, Stradic 6/8000FI, Daiwa BG 5/8000, TLD 20/40, CABO ...
Best Catch: Too many stories, not enough space
Favorite Fishing Spot: Wherever there are Yellowtail
Boat: .
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Nice covers Psy

Gareth, why not query for people who may have spare Shimano 110H tubes. The tips long since broken or never used as the rod resides like in my case together always ready to go. I never split my rods.
I have several 110H tubes just standing in my tool shed that are empty but so far haven't broken a tip yet. Perhaps some day I may use them for travelling so hesitant to offer them.

However I do have at least 1 spare 10 Foot Shimano Spinning tube if you are interested. The tips broken and also sacrificed one back section for the reel seat to make up another rod.
You are welcome to take it.

Regards,
BTTB.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 10th, 2017 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Gareth88
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 27th, 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 107
Equipment: Light base rods, small coffee-grinders and bait-casters.
Best Catch: 14kg Kob
Favorite Fishing Spot: Breede River
Boat: 5m Mariner
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Those covers look really nice, but looking for a tube that would offer more protection when flying to Natal, etc.

@BTTB thanks for the offer and advice. Unfortunately the tube would need to be 170cm so I think the shimano 10ft would be too short and not sure about the 110H tube?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 10th, 2017 05:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
BTTB
Senior Member


Joined: Sun Sep 23rd, 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 778
Equipment: Torium 20, Stradic 6/8000FI, Daiwa BG 5/8000, TLD 20/40, CABO ...
Best Catch: Too many stories, not enough space
Favorite Fishing Spot: Wherever there are Yellowtail
Boat: .
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Gareth88 wrote: Those covers look really nice, but looking for a tube that would offer more protection when flying to Natal, etc.

@BTTB thanks for the offer and advice. Unfortunately the tube would need to be 170cm so I think the shimano 10ft would be too short and not sure about the 110H tube?
I measured them now, the 10ft is 161cm and the 110H is 178cm. Tubes come with bags.

If you cannot find one let me know, mine are just sitting there gathering dust. Perhaps you can just borrow it for your trip.

Edit:
The 110H may be a bit thin if your first eye is very large on your spinning outfit. Only way to know would be to try.

Last edited on Mon Jul 10th, 2017 05:08 pm by BTTB

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 10th, 2017 05:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Gareth88
Member
 

Joined: Fri Jun 27th, 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 107
Equipment: Light base rods, small coffee-grinders and bait-casters.
Best Catch: 14kg Kob
Favorite Fishing Spot: Breede River
Boat: 5m Mariner
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BTTB wrote:
Gareth88 wrote: Those covers look really nice, but looking for a tube that would offer more protection when flying to Natal, etc.

@BTTB thanks for the offer and advice. Unfortunately the tube would need to be 170cm so I think the shimano 10ft would be too short and not sure about the 110H tube?
I measured them now, the 10ft is 161cm and the 110H is 178cm. Tubes come with bags.

If you cannot find one let me know, mine are just sitting there gathering dust. Perhaps you can just borrow it for your trip.

Edit:
The 110H may be a bit thin if your first eye is very large on your spinning outfit. Only way to know would be to try.


The 178cm tube would be absolutely perfect. I'll see if I can find and old one that nobody is using.

Otherwise I'll be in touch before my next trip. Thanks for the help

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 10th, 2017 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
BTTB
Senior Member


Joined: Sun Sep 23rd, 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 778
Equipment: Torium 20, Stradic 6/8000FI, Daiwa BG 5/8000, TLD 20/40, CABO ...
Best Catch: Too many stories, not enough space
Favorite Fishing Spot: Wherever there are Yellowtail
Boat: .
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Gareth88 wrote: BTTB wrote:
Gareth88 wrote: Those covers look really nice, but looking for a tube that would offer more protection when flying to Natal, etc.

@BTTB thanks for the offer and advice. Unfortunately the tube would need to be 170cm so I think the shimano 10ft would be too short and not sure about the 110H tube?
I measured them now, the 10ft is 161cm and the 110H is 178cm. Tubes come with bags.

If you cannot find one let me know, mine are just sitting there gathering dust. Perhaps you can just borrow it for your trip.

Edit:
The 110H may be a bit thin if your first eye is very large on your spinning outfit. Only way to know would be to try.


The 178cm tube would be absolutely perfect. I'll see if I can find and old one that nobody is using.

Otherwise I'll be in touch before my next trip. Thanks for the help

Pleasure. No problem to help. I'm in the Southern Suburbs near Suburban.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Kes
Member
 

Joined: Mon Apr 23rd, 2018
Location: Sandown, South Africa
Posts: 60
Equipment: Various - too many to mention
Best Catch: Giant Kingfish
Favorite Fishing Spot: Elysium and Double Mouth, Morgan's Bay
Boat: None
Club: Yes
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Psy wrote:
Gareth

Fishing Rod Carrier bags.
Made out of 280g Rip stop Canvas.
08ft - 2 pocket = R70.00
10ft - 2 pocket = R80.00
10ft - 3 pocket = R95.00
12ft - 2 pocket = R90.00
12ft - 3 pocket = R100.00
12ft - 4 pocket = R110.00
13ft - 2 pocket = R100.00
13ft - 3 pocket = R110.00
13ft - 4 pocket = R120.00
14ft - 2 pocket = R120.00
14ft - 3 pocket = R135.00
14ft - 4 pocket = R150.00
Colors :
Chocolate Brown.
Grey
Beige.
Please contact us for any additional information or to place your orders :
Carl - 074 046 2531
Christo - 082 536 5422
Email: info@canvasprojects.co.za
We are situated in Pretoria, Kameeldrift East area but we courier all over SA.
Postnet counter to counter @ R99.00. For clients account.
We have been in the canvas business for the past 9 years, so you can be sure of quality.
IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE W/U ORDERS OR QUERIES.


Contacted these guys a few weeks back. They don't make these any longer. What a pity..

Back To Top PM Quote Reply


Current time is 04:59 am  
SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > General Angling Topics > The DIY Forum > Travel rod tubes Top