Vleesbaai

Slingervel777

Good morning Guys i hope that you are all well i am planing a fishing trip to vleesbaai from 7 June to 18 June i9 have never been there and are really keen to get some lines wet while i am there i dont know what species to target there and where to target them if anyone can please advise on some pointer i will gladly appreciate it

DJP

Sealiner
Morning, what you will catch really depends on the prevailing conditions and how apt you are at see see fishing since you can basically catch any of the Southern Cape fish species in this area. June typically being better for steenbras and galjoen with the odd kob/cracker/belman. To left of Vleesbaai is a beach with some rocks as you move towards Boggomsbaai, can catch kob, steenbras and bellman and all sorts of smaller fish there. The main point at Vleesbai is Fransmanshoek, with several fishing spots towards the point. This area is mostly sharks and rays but you will catch some edibles on a short cast along this area when the see is rough. At the point is self it's also mostly sharks and rays but if you fish straight out you might catch some mussel cracker. To the left you have Kanon beach, same species as mentioned above but also galjoen. If you have a 4x4 you can access the centre of this beach via a the local farmers access for a fee. Otherwise it's a nice walk. Far side of Kanon beach to Cape Vacca are flat reefs where you can target all above species. Most spots are best on pushing or high tide. Bait is an issue so best to bring along bait or buy in Mossel Bay. Lots of other fishing spots towards Gourits and Mossel Bay as well, just hope you get some good weather. If the see is flat fish the beaches if it's rough fish along the point or Cape Vacca side.