struisbaai

old school

Hi Sealiners.Can anyone tell me where die brood in struisbaai is and if one can fish high and low tide?Your advise will be much appreciated

Stefan001

It's between kraaines and spookdraai. Just before you get to the turn into agulhas a gravel road goes down to your left. The houses stop on your left hand side. It's in front of the fourth or so house from the turn. Follow it down, to your left at low tide at waters edge you will see a six meter long light brown rock in the shape of a bread.

Low and pushing best. Can be fished on a neap tide all day

old school

Thanks for the tip....we will for sure do that.Do you know any good cracker spots on high tide early morning and wheres the best spot to get some red crab?

Stefan001

I do guided fishing trips in the Struisbaai area old school.

Any of the rocky areas have red crabs. Just roll some boulders over. A search on sealine will give you some of the well known cracker spots along this coastline.

Good luck. The ones nailed them in Dec

old school

I've heard die las is good for cracker but only on low tide....are there any good cracker spots on the high early morning?

Fishing slut

WTF!!

OLD SCHOOL!
:?:?:?:fbash:fbash

Stefan.........seems to me you will have to .....bait up.....cast...... maak vas etc etc etc etc!!

Think his gonna ask you to hold his rod for him when he peeezz !

Stefan001

Fishing slut wrote:
WTF!!

OLD SCHOOL!
:?:?:?:fbash:fbash

Stefan.........seems to me you will have to .....bait up.....cast...... maak vas etc etc etc etc!!

Think his gonna ask you to hold his rod for him when he peeezz !
Once Ive held the rod it always produces...

old school

Hi Stefan....just a quick question.I'm aware the SE is the fishing wind for Struis.I've checked on windguru theres a strong westerly blowing on our arrival day,and then it changes to slight SW and then to SE and Easterly for our last 2 days.Have you got any advise where and what to fish with a strong Westerly and slight SW and is an Easterly also good?Also,how can we contact you when were there?I always wanted to try the plaat with an experienced person.

Stefan001

old school wrote:
Hi Stefan....just a quick question.I'm aware the SE is the fishing wind for Struis.I've checked on windguru theres a strong westerly blowing on our arrival day,and then it changes to slight SW and then to SE and Easterly for our last 2 days.Have you got any advise where and what to fish with a strong Westerly and slight SW and is an Easterly also good?Also,how can we contact you when were there?I always wanted to try the plaat with an experienced person.
Hi old School

Will send you a PM

Perpetual

Hi Sealiners,

I will be in Cape Agulhas for the weekend of 24 - 28 September. I do not know the fishing spots very well and I do not have a 4 wheel drive.
I have seen the info and maps that you guys have posted and it is extremely helpful.
Questions...The wind forecast is a westerly - how bad will that be for fishing because the S/E is the best wind for fishing.
I'm think of trying around the shipwreck and later at Struisbaai at Argonauta, Die Brood and Skulpiesbaai mostly for edibles like galjoen, zebra and hotties. Hopefully cracker, kob and elf.

Id love to fish at the Plaat but will be driving a Kia Sportage so no 4x4.

I'd love some pointers please guys.