Stitching Braid to Braid

There done..crack a beer, roll a smoke or make a cup of tea or whatever you do and congratulate yourself. Pull the cr@p out of it to test it, so you can trust it, and make another as practice makes perfect. Put the big fish you catch with it back so they can make more babies, so my fishing can improve..;)

Attachments

• SaffaStitch025.jpg
    SaffaStitch025.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 297
Ja I haven't posted any real content for ages so well.. :)

Was also tired of explaining the stitch over and over each year and think the original tutorial went the way of most of the knots in this section..? Anyway hope it comes in handy.. Best join for braid to braid by far, has its drawbacks, takes a good eye, a bit of practice and some time, must have a sewing needle handy and sometimes it is too strong for the application..but ja I cannot find a tutorial or good picture reference anywhere anymore, even the one that paulusfishing had on his site is not there anymore when I last checked. Anyway, Enigma, Reefman and I think Barry Ware..(how ever you spell his name), they popularized it on our shores..Don't know why they don't use in the states, their braid must be much cheaper for them and they must have better fishing and not get so upset loosing larger fish to weak connections..haha ja

Enigma

Another tip,if you're joining a backing to topshot braid and it's not going to be cast out of the guides every cast then use a 30cm piece of 100-150lbs braid. Stitch the backing through 15cm as explained above and the topshot through the other 15cm. It's a lot easier stitching 50lbs into 150lbs braid than into another 50lbs braid.

Also use this stitching method to create a loop for the catspaw connection to connect mono to braid.

Don't tie off the ends of the braids as this defeats the purpose of the stitching.

The stitches pull tight on themselves locking the braids together.

With the stitched loop one will be concerned that it will pull loose, in fact it will if yo release tension on it when tying the catspaw. However when you have catspawed the 2 lines together the lines lock the arms of the loop thereby keeping them in place and as you apply tension the braid closes and hols the stitch in place and running in and out the guides won't undo the stitch