DEADLY DROPSHOT RIG FOR KOB

Duded

CHARLIE FROM AUBREY DA GAMA LURES IN PLETT HAS DEVELOPED A DROPSHOT RIG THAT CAN BE FISHED ANYWHERE AT ANY SPEED AND IS CATCHING KOB IN PLACES THAT ONLY THE BAIT FISHERMAN HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FISH IN THE PAST. THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN SPECTACULAR AS THESE PICS SHOW.
HE DOES 2 TYPES, ONE IS RIGGED WITH A TRACE AND SWIVEL SO THAT YOU CAN TIE STRAIGHT ON TO LEADER OR MAIN LINE AND ANOTHER FOR CLIPPING ON WITH A LURE CLIP OR TYING TO THE END OF LEADER.
HE MAKES THEM IN VARIOUS SIZES WITH 1,1.5,2.0 AND 3oz SINKERS AND VARIOUS PADDLETAILS RANGING FROM 4 INCH TO 6 INCH.

Attachments

• dcd.jpg
    dcd.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,013

Keyam

Is there a Pic of rig without a paddle tail, I see there is a wire going into paddle tail from hook eye can't figure out how or where it ties onto

Keyam

Thanks for reply. I also figured was hook similar to that. Was wondering if they running wire differently getting a better bite rate. So there would be no difference in just buying similar hook and using a ball sinker in front then. Or is there a different I'm not seeing

willo

Sealiner
They look the goods , but i would have a split ring between the sinker and the hook .
Will make life a lot easier if you need to change the hook
at some point.

I have been using the berkley nitro jig heads for many years rigging the plastic the same way , but with a Gamakatsu worm hook, Works well when fishing structure.

The second setup looks like a straight Texas rig unless i am missing something .

Attachments

• nitro jig heads.jpg
    nitro jig heads.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 619

Duded

Clip-on rig can be changed much quicker than a split ring. These rigs are also a lot cheaper than what you are showing. They have been developed purely for fishing on the rocks. A normal jighead cannot be rigged weedless.

Duded

Clip-on rig can be changed much quicker than a split ring. These rigs are also a lot cheaper than what you are showing. They have been developed purely for fishing on the rocks. A normal jighead cannot be rigged weedless.