DC OVAL RODS FOR HEAVY DROPSHOT

Duded

AGE OLD PROBLEM. I AM LOOKING FOR MORE DISTANCE CASTING PADDLETAIL RIGS WEIGHING 2- 3OZ AND, AFTER READING REVIEWS ON THIS FORUM, AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A 12.6 DC OVAL.
WHAT ADVISE CAN YOU GIVE AND WHICH MODEL SHOULD I BUY?

G

10FT DC OVAL can do the job
12ft6 dc oval can go up to 5 oz
I have a 12ft6 in new condition for sale

HappyPeople

Howsit

I use the 12ft Sensation Oval - 2 piece - can throw between 1.5 and 4 ounces - plenty for the surf.

Paired it with a old model Sustain 6000 and have loved it. It's my go to for getting distance with heavier paddle tail rigs and even the weighted rappies.

Mark Norval from Rodworcs did it for me couple years back. Not sure what the blanks are now, but give him a call if you want one custom made with low riders, k series etc. which make a massive difference to casting.

CharlesF

HappyPeople wrote:
Howsit

I use the 12ft Sensation Oval - 2 piece - can throw between 1.5 and 4 ounces - plenty for the surf.

Paired it with a old model Sustain 6000 and have loved it. It's my go to for getting distance with heavier paddle tail rigs and even the weighted rappies.

Mark Norval from Rodworcs did it for me couple years back. Not sure what the blanks are now, but give him a call if you want one custom made with low riders, k series etc. which make a massive difference to casting.

Excellent setup. I use similar except I use a Sustain 5000. DC rod have KR concept guides done by Brandon

Attachments

• Decall.jpeg
    Decall.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 139