Boat Tracking

TimTDP

I am looking for a tracking device that that I can fit to my boat. Sole purpose is to track boat if stolen
Preferably something I can track on my Android phone, in real time. Don't want to pay a monthly subscription

Thanks in advance

CACTUS JACK

Electroman online sell a DIY tracker at an affordable price. There is a yearly subscription fee to the tracking app, but it is very cheap (under R200 if I recall) and you need to buy data or airtime for the sim that is installed. I use airtime as it doesn't expire like data, and 50 bucks lasts about a year. It does need to be wired to the 12 volt system full time, but it is super easy to install and setup.

TimTDP wrote:
I am looking for a tracking device that that I can fit to my boat. Sole purpose is to track boat if stolen
Preferably something I can track on my Android phone, in real time. Don't want to pay a monthly subscription

Thanks in advance

give me a call 083 778 2288 also whats app

no years fees!!!
add as many as you want.
sim card is needed.

im not a rep at all.
but i like to see where all my stuff is.
cheers Pot.

Marthin

Sealiner
Tracking is what I do when I am not online for the last 24 years. You get what you pay for, especially when stolen.

There are many many different products on the market, some are cheap as chips, some way overpriced.

Depending on the boat and engines especially in the western cape, a lot of the time you come outside only to find your boat no longer has any engines on but the boat is still there, often the boat is found discarded somewhere and the engines and electronics are gone.

It really depends on what you want to do, where are you located, in other words Northern KZN chances are your boat is going to Moz so you might need something with roaming. What is the value of the boat, value of the engines, have you got the newest top of the range set of Mercury Verado's on the back?

Lots of questions. For example i drive a cheap chev aveo, i have no intention of seeing where my vehicle is, i only want to know where it is if it is stolen. I pay a monthly fee of R106, have national recovery, no installation costs, no electrical wiring, no software.

Upside is if you do choose something that is approved by the insurance industry, you are very likely to get a nice discount on your current insurance costs.