bionic finger

burney

Sealiner
How to use it the right way? I am struggling abit with the release I am throwing my sinkers and traces away. Plz guys need a few tips new to this coffee grinder and braid story.::slr::

Enigma

1. Best option, take it off and use a casting glove or a piece of Elastoplast around your finger.

2. If you want to persist then make 40 or so casts at a short comfortable range till the release becomes automatic and well timed.

Tips for Using the Breakaway Canon aka Bionic Finger.

a. Wrap your leader around it a minimum of 2 times, preferably 3 times

b. Don't crush it or hold it in with maximum force, minimum finger tip pressure.

c. Set it up on the rod so that it is under the tip of your index finger and not under the joint of your finger.

d. Release earlier and when the rod is pointing upward at a 45 degree angle.

[flash=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/kxVBVqyxGaE[/flash]

mustbite

Sealiner
Takes some time getting used to ,I angled my b-finger so that my finger slides of it making the cast smoother and you don't get that jurk on the rod.
I've never used a glove before will try it out one day tho but for now I will keep using the b-finger as I feel I can really load my rod and throw big baits a mile.

Enigma

Most anglers world wide only use the bionic above 6oz and big baicasting.

I've watched a few guys throw a 6oz and yellowtail head over 140m on a casting field and repeat the feat 10 casts in a row without a bionic finger and he does it cast after cast and throws a slide sinker on 0.50mm on his Saragossa over 160m with a 1.2mm windon

purglaspete

I use breakaway cannons for tournament casting and fishing casting weights up to 16 ounce but I did have a problem with the cannon going off early , so what I did was to pull the metal hoop out of its holder and bend it in a vice so that when it was in the ready to cast position it was alot further over the post and this cured the problem for me and I have cast weights over 250 yards with this set up no problem

burney

Sealiner
I use it now with a 1mm leader and only wrap it once and works great with a 7oz and a big yellowtail head on my technium heavy don't know how far I cast haven't measured