SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > News > SEALINE - Competitions > 26th GAM 1000 Angling Competition (2013)
|Moderated by: Emperor||
|26th GAM 1000 Angling Competition (2013)|| Rating:
|Posted: Mon Jul 15th, 2013 09:06 am||
|approved by admin
The 26th Gam 1000 Angling Competition will be hosted by the Gamtoos Angling Club on the Gamtoos River situated between Port Elizabeth and Jeffreys Bay in the Eastern Cape from 20 September to 23 September 2013. The competition will be weigh and release only. The venue will be the Big Fish Camping Grounds situated on the Gamtoos River.
Registration: All anglers must register prior to angling in the Competition. Tickets will be on sale from 2nd week of August at All Major Tackle shops in Port Elizabeth and surrounding areas, Big Fish Camping Grounds well as at the Secretary of the Gamtoos Angling Club Euruka van der Mescht (082 8282 163) and the Organizer Gerrie van der Mescht (082 440 5332). Registration will also be at the Big Fish Camping Grounds from 07:00 on 20 September and anglers can enter at any time during the Competition.
ENTRY FEES: Ladies and Seniors: R150.00
Juniors under 18 Years: R100.00
Free using of the launching facility at the Big Fish Camping Grounds.
Free Braai facilities will be available at the Big Fish Camping Grounds.
Free use of toilet and shower facilities at the Big Fish Camping Grounds.
Breakfast and Hamburgers will also be on sale.
There will be a big Marque tent, and we will sell liquor at reasonable prizes.
SECURITY: The club accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss.
ORGANISERS: The Gam 1000 Committee.
Boat safety: All boats taking part in this competition must have a valid COF and the skipper must be in position of a valid COC.
Weigh Masters & Officials: Officials will be on the water at all times to measure the fish.
This competition is Measure and Release only (no dead fish will be considered for any prices)
No fish will be weighed at the Big Fish Camping Grounds for the duration of the competition. This competition is for boat anglers only.
Competition will start on 20 September 2013 and will end on 23 September 2013.
No fishing allowed 4 hours prior to the official opening of the competition.
A compulsory Skippers meeting will be at 14:00 on Friday 20 September at the Big Fish Camping Grounds.
Official start for the competition is 15:00 on Friday 20 September.
Anglers will be allowed to fish for the full duration of the competition.
The competition will close on Monday 23rd September at 08:00.
On Saturday the 21st the Gamtoos Angling Club will entertain kids from the Oosterland Children’s Home and make this day a day never to forget. There will be “Boersport”, Stompie Competition and lots to eat and drink for the kids.
Prize giving will be at ± 13:00 on 23 September in the Marques tent at the Big Fish Camping Grounds. Anglers who wish to receive Lucky draws must be present at the Price giving and must be in possession of their entry ticket.
1) Only 4kg line to be used.
2) Only 2 Rods per angler and no sharing of rods allowed.
3) EP Rules and Marine Living Resources Act regulations will apply.
4) Anglers to present entry ticket to Marshals weighing their fish.
5) NB. NO WAKE SPEED PAST SLIPWAY AND JETTIES.
6) Any fish that is savaged during play shall not be counted in competition.
7) No trolling allowed.
8) Only fish above the minimum size limit will be considered, but smaller fish will be accepted by the marshals for tagging.
9) No mullet, barble, non-edible fish, eel or any freshwater species will be considered for any prices.
10) Fish must swim away after being measured.
11) Any unsportsmanlike or dangerous behavior reported shall result in immediate disqualification.
12) Should a dispute arise the matter must be reported to the organizers the same day and confirmed in writing. The disciplinary committee shall deal with the matter and their decision shall be final.
13) The minimum distance between two boats shall be 25m.
14) In the event of a cancellation of this year’s competition (by act of God or unforeseen circumstances) the Gamtoos Angling Club reserves the right to retain any monies and prizes to cover costs incurred.
15) Camping sites are available at the Big Fish Camping Grounds
16) GAM 1000 Organizer – Gerrie van der Mescht 082 440 5332 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
17) Secretary: Euruka van der Mescht : E-mail: email@example.com
18) Fax: 086 518 2509
Last year we had 397 entries, but don’t worry the river is big enough to accommodate all.
You are allowed to fish the full duration of the competition.
We have monthly meetings, as soon as I have more information I would let you know.
We normally have good prizes and lucky draws.
Attachment: GAM 1000 PLAKAAT 2013.doc (Downloaded 27 times)
Last edited on Mon Jul 15th, 2013 09:39 am by Emperor
|Current time is 12:39 am|
|SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > News > SEALINE - Competitions > 26th GAM 1000 Angling Competition (2013)||Top|