SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community Home 
Home Recent Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register


 Moderated by: Trophy, Emperor Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Poll
Do You Believe In Other Life Form's Out Side This Planet?
   
   
View Results
 
Vote
Aliens Really Do Exist!  Rating:  Rating
 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2010 05:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Fanie
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Feb 14th, 2008
Location: Centurion
Posts: 5843
Equipment: Art lure, Bagleys (what else !)
Best Catch: 2 SA art lure records and a few others over ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Die groot plas !!
Boat: Power and Sailing Fishing
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
OomFaan, hulle gaan dink dis 'n helse lekker plek, kyk net hoe jollie gaan dit daar. Pornografie is darrem so 'n lelike woord. Ons noem hulle die arm tannies, hulle kan nie klere bekostig nie. Nou ek het dit nog nie self gesien nie, maar ek het gehoor.... ;-)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2010 06:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Fanie wrote: OomFaan, hulle gaan dink dis 'n helse lekker plek, kyk net hoe jollie gaan dit daar. Pornografie is darrem so 'n lelike woord. Ons noem hulle die arm tannies, hulle kan nie klere bekostig nie. Nou ek het dit nog nie self gesien nie, maar ek het gehoor.... ;-)

@ Fanie

But it's not a nice place now! And it's getting worse day by day.. All you have to look is at the age of 'Girl's' in UK getting pregnant at the age of 13 now.. Under age sex is a MAJOR problem now.. Alchol abuse by kids & drug's.. This all stem's to the 'Goverment' attitude toward's kid's now aday's etc. *YOU MUST NOT TOUCH YOUR KID*

Television broadcast's.. You wanna see what I see on TV over here? It's shamefull.. We can stamp all this K@K out before it's to late? If And when I have a kid.. It wont be raised in the UK!! NO WAY SIR RE....

And when you talk about 'PORN' These so called Ladie's have there head's well screwed on! There is NOTHING POOR about them..Alot of the programme's now are 'PORN' related.. and still young kid's manage to see these.. It's exceptable now to see a girl on tv just with bra and brief's????

Also there's more violent scene's which can put idea's in young one's mind's and think it's cool to be tough and smart, when in essence it's not the right thing to do?

Infact it get's much worse than that.. When all the head the ball's and nut cases that are out there.. see thing's on TV..It make's them EVEN worse than they are already are & completly put's them off the rail's going on killing spree's and goodness know's what else.

Back to the point of tread.. You have good point's fanie!.. But life as we know it.. we are only programm'd to know what other's know?? Get what I mean?

So in theory there has to be OTHER LIFE FORMS out there! If we where the ONLY race in world.. God hasn't finnished his job of creation.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2010 11:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Fanie
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Feb 14th, 2008
Location: Centurion
Posts: 5843
Equipment: Art lure, Bagleys (what else !)
Best Catch: 2 SA art lure records and a few others over ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Die groot plas !!
Boat: Power and Sailing Fishing
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Glen, the key with everything in life is balance. If you say something is not right, remenber the answer to why it is wrong is important. Ie, you cannot tell children they are too young, that is not an answer ! Anyway, never stop doing the right thing. Every bit adds up.

As for the creation, nothing says we aren't a small part of something very much bigger !

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2010 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
MichaelK
Sealiner


Joined: Tue Mar 25th, 2008
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 1910
Equipment: Daiwa BG 8000, posidon rods
Best Catch: Couta, Wahoo, Sailfish, GT, YFT
Favorite Fishing Spot: The sea
Boat: Cobra Cat 525 with 2 x 90hp Yamaha
Club: Fynnlands angling club
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
oomfaan wrote: What really concerns me is the message that we are sending out into the universe. All the television broadcasting which includes violence, pornography, even WWE wrestling. What must the aliens think of us? No wonder they don't want to come visit us... ::S


Oomfaan, don't stress to much boeta. They have ray guns and can teleport around :fbash . Its our politicians that you should worry about, with Uncle Julius Malema preaching the K@K he does soon they may just blast our little eath with a death ray and we will all be ash ou mate.^^..

 

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2010 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
MichaelK wrote: oomfaan wrote: What really concerns me is the message that we are sending out into the universe. All the television broadcasting which includes violence, pornography, even WWE wrestling. What must the aliens think of us? No wonder they don't want to come visit us... ::S


Oomfaan, don't stress to much boeta. They have ray guns and can teleport around :fbash . Its our politicians that you should worry about, with Uncle Julius Malema preaching the K@K he does soon they may just blast our little eath with a death ray and we will all be ash ou mate.^^..

 

 

With all due respect.. What has Julius Malema got to do with Aliens do really exist??? :lol:1

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2010 11:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Fanie
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Feb 14th, 2008
Location: Centurion
Posts: 5843
Equipment: Art lure, Bagleys (what else !)
Best Catch: 2 SA art lure records and a few others over ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Die groot plas !!
Boat: Power and Sailing Fishing
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
After today I'm convinced more than ever there's life out there. Went shopping with the wife this morning and she insisted we get the movie Avatar. I even checked it a second time. The only problem I saw there was lots of vicious animals and nothing on fish. Limited imagination :-o

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 28th, 2010 07:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Fanie wrote: After today I'm convinced more than ever there's life out there. Went shopping with the wife this morning and she insisted we get the movie Avatar. I even checked it a second time. The only problem I saw there was lots of vicious animals and nothing on fish. Limited imagination :-o

Fanie, Imagination is everything! .. It is the preview of life's coming attraction's. ::S

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 12:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Simen wrote: My philosophy

if you don't believe there isn't life on other planets you don't believe in life itself.


@ Simen

I was watching 'Discovery Channel' last night and seen coming soon.. 9thMay  'Stephen HawKing' and 'Alien's do exist'!! The clip said this ..

Alien life, Is almost certain to exist in many other parts of the universe: not just in planets, but perhaps in the centre of stars or even floating in interplanetary space.

Hawking’s logic on aliens is, for him, unusually simple. The universe, he points out, has 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars. In such a big place, Earth is unlikely to be the ONLY PLANET where life has evolved.

I do know we are ahead of you guy's on programme's.. meaning when 'Shark Men' where ONLY starting with you guy's .. I had watched about 8 episodes already. So I will keep you informed about this programme.

I do suggest.. Guy's who 'Chuckle' & dont believe so to speak at this 'Fact' and what is being discussed on this 'tread' I strongly suggest you watch this series.


Last edited on Thu Apr 29th, 2010 12:54 pm by Glenn

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 01:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Chris Shelton
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Posts: 2124
Equipment: Custom Purglas 13ft & Shimano Trinidad.
Best Catch: 16kg Westcoast Steenbras; 100cm Leervis on fly, 4kg Bullnose Mullet ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Westcoast from Blouberg to Grotto Bay and beyond to Hentiesbaai
Boat: n/a
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
All speculation! This scientist believes this and that scientist believes that....but nobody has concrete proof or evidence of anything out there.

I try not to get hung up on these things, fact is, we exist, and that's all that matters in the greater scheme of things. But having said this, i'd like to leave you with the following to ponder on; If you truly believe in God, then you have to believe what is written in His Word....and this is what HE says!

Genesis, Chapter 1, verse 9 - 11;
'And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together into ONE place, and let the dry land appear:

'And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.'

So then, if you believe that, then while there may well have been life on other planets before the so called gathering of the waters, which is now called Seas....then you have to believe that with this gathering of ALL the waters under the heaven, that all life was relocated to Earth!

So, believing this with my whole heart, I have just justified my belief that there is no life out there....which is already far more than any believer in aliens can do!

Last edited on Thu Apr 29th, 2010 01:52 pm by Chris Shelton

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 02:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Simen
Administrator


Joined: Wed Jun 13th, 2007
Location: Swakopmund, Namibia
Posts: 7321
Equipment: shimano/daiwa reels - blue marlin/ shimano/Waft rods
Best Catch: 120kg bronze whaler 27 kg cob 17kg kingfish, 13kg ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Namibie--Winston,Mile 98, Arrarat, Blare.
Boat: none
Club: Henties Baai
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
My Gallery: 
Chris Shelton wrote: All speculation! This scientist believes this and that scientist believes that....but nobody has concrete proof or evidence of anything out there.

I try not to get hung up on these things, fact is, we exist, and that's all that matters in the greater scheme of things. But having said this, i'd like to leave you with the following to ponder on; If you truly believe in God, then you have to believe what is written in His Word....and this is what HE says!

Genesis, Chapter 1, verse 9 - 11;
'And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together into ONE place, and let the dry land appear:

'And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.'

So then, if you believe that, then while there may well have been life on other planets before the so called gathering of the waters, which is now called Seas....then you have to believe that with this gathering of ALL the waters under the heaven, that all life was relocated to Earth!

So, believing this with my whole heart,my belief t I have just justified hat there is no life out there....which is already far more than any believer in aliens can do!


Chris good argument, I am going to make a statement now but before I do it I just want to state so there is no misconception.

I believe in God and the Bible.

Now having said that and looking at your ( see your post in-- red ) We all myself included believe in "Something" none of us has seen either.

I believe on both accounts and on both accounts I have not seen.

(Just a comparison, not an argument)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Chris Shelton
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Posts: 2124
Equipment: Custom Purglas 13ft & Shimano Trinidad.
Best Catch: 16kg Westcoast Steenbras; 100cm Leervis on fly, 4kg Bullnose Mullet ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Westcoast from Blouberg to Grotto Bay and beyond to Hentiesbaai
Boat: n/a
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Simen wrote: Chris Shelton wrote: All speculation! This scientist believes this and that scientist believes that....but nobody has concrete proof or evidence of anything out there.

I try not to get hung up on these things, fact is, we exist, and that's all that matters in the greater scheme of things. But having said this, i'd like to leave you with the following to ponder on; If you truly believe in God, then you have to believe what is written in His Word....and this is what HE says!

Genesis, Chapter 1, verse 9 - 11;
'And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together into ONE place, and let the dry land appear:

'And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.'

So then, if you believe that, then while there may well have been life on other planets before the so called gathering of the waters, which is now called Seas....then you have to believe that with this gathering of ALL the waters under the heaven, that all life was relocated to Earth!

So, believing this with my whole heart,my belief t I have just justified hat there is no life out there....which is already far more than any believer in aliens can do!


Chris good argument, I am going to make a statement now but before I do it I just want to state so there is no misconception.

I believe in God and the Bible.

Now having said that and looking at your ( see your post in-- red ) We all myself included believe in "Something" none of us has seen either.

I believe on both accounts and on both accounts I have not seen.

(Just a comparison, not an argument)

Fair comment Simen. You just believe in a little bit more than I do then. I'll accept that! :::S

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
OK...

WE all believe in GOD.. Who we can not see nor have seen, but we believe in because of 'Trust' OR what EVER OTHER reason it may be.. GOD is spirtual?? In different 'Forms' and does not travel in time as time is not the essence cause to god 1 day in his life would merely be possibly 1000 year's in ones life (Our lives)

Believe in god, then you MUST believe in other 'Spirtual' possible thing's.. Man has not discovered even a Fraction of the world.. It's merely only the 'Tip'

Alien's are so they call them..'Spirtual beings' could me amoung us.. we don't know just like we don't know God??

You dont believe in 'Spirtual beings' Aliens?? Then forget about God.. because that's who made all thing's!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 02:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Chris Shelton
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Posts: 2124
Equipment: Custom Purglas 13ft & Shimano Trinidad.
Best Catch: 16kg Westcoast Steenbras; 100cm Leervis on fly, 4kg Bullnose Mullet ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Westcoast from Blouberg to Grotto Bay and beyond to Hentiesbaai
Boat: n/a
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Oh, so 'Spiritual beings' are now arriving in space ships!!? Are the spaceships spiritual too?
Hey boet...gotto get me some of that stuff you're smoking....maybe it will become so much clearer to me! ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Chris Shelton wrote: Oh, so 'Spiritual beings' are now arriving in space ships!!? Are the spaceships spiritual too?
Hey boet...gotto get me some of that stuff you're smoking....maybe it will become so much clearer to me! ;)


'Spirtual beings' as in another life form and different than in the 'Human Race'

Not sure about the 'Spaceship' era .. that's far to fetched for me!

Firstly I dont smoke.. secondly 'mug's are for drug's' ::S

Is my answer any clearer for you now??  :alien

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Chris Shelton
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Posts: 2124
Equipment: Custom Purglas 13ft & Shimano Trinidad.
Best Catch: 16kg Westcoast Steenbras; 100cm Leervis on fly, 4kg Bullnose Mullet ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Westcoast from Blouberg to Grotto Bay and beyond to Hentiesbaai
Boat: n/a
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
er...not at all! Since when is something that is 'spiritual' a 'life form'? 'Spirit' is just that bru...'spirit', no molecular structure, no DNA, no nothing!....BOOOOO, seen any ghosts lately!!!? :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Ray Hall
Senior Member
 

Joined: Fri Jan 16th, 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 2661
Equipment: sommer maar net a stok en a katrol.
Best Catch: A vissie hier, en vissie daar....
Favorite Fishing Spot: da wa die vis byt
Boat: .
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
a ghost ones pissed in my friend's toilet!!!! serious no jokes!!!!

he was just staning there just going about his business...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Maybe I'm not taking enough drug's here for you Chris :doh

Please do me a huge favour.. When 'Stephen Hawking' series Air's on Discovery on yourside. watch it??
I think it will be very interesting to see?? (Even if you believe it or not)

Either the guy in the wheel chair (Stephen Hawking) Number 1 scientist in the world has gone completly mad and has lost the plot.. Or we are just so blind and stupid to believe in what he say's.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Ray Hall
Senior Member
 

Joined: Fri Jan 16th, 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 2661
Equipment: sommer maar net a stok en a katrol.
Best Catch: A vissie hier, en vissie daar....
Favorite Fishing Spot: da wa die vis byt
Boat: .
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
:SSS

Last edited on Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:55 pm by Ray Hall

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Chris Shelton
Sealiner


Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Posts: 2124
Equipment: Custom Purglas 13ft & Shimano Trinidad.
Best Catch: 16kg Westcoast Steenbras; 100cm Leervis on fly, 4kg Bullnose Mullet ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: Westcoast from Blouberg to Grotto Bay and beyond to Hentiesbaai
Boat: n/a
Club: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Extremely intelligent guy he is, that I don't dispute, but he's not God!

Now getting back to God, I firmly believe that the Earth and all it's inhabitants, past, present and future were part of God's MASTER PLAN! Now i can't explain why i say this without getting all religious, so suffice to say, if Earth indeed was his master plan, why would he bother trying to sustain life on other planets? He has enough on His hands already!!! ;)

Last edited on Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:30 pm by Chris Shelton

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 29th, 2010 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Glenn
Sealiner


Joined: Thu Sep 17th, 2009
Location: N.I
Posts: 2896
Equipment: To Long To Fit In Here ....
Best Catch: 37.5lb Common Carp - 20lb Wels Catfish - 12Kg Natal ...
Favorite Fishing Spot: St.Lucia Estuary - Cape Vidal - Durban - Blue Lagoon
Boat: The Eric Cotton
Club: The Glenn You Can Kiss My Ass Club!
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ray Hall wrote: Glenn wrote: Maybe I'm not taking enough drug's here for you Chris :doh

Please do me a huge favour.. When 'Stephen Hawking' series Air's on Discovery on yourside. watch it??
I think it will be very interesting to see?? (Even if you believe it or not)

Either the guy in the wheel chair (Stephen Hawking) Number 1 scientist in the world has gone completly mad and has lost the plot.. Or we are just so blind and stupid to believe in what he say's.


mmmm..... I can tell you one thing though.... I BELIEVE IN NO MAN ON EARTH!!!!!

doesnt matter if he is the number 1 fudge maker of the number 1 hairdresser...

 The only time that I will believe in man is when the Holy Spirit works through him.

My2cents....


 

That's true Ray...

But.. Do you believe in other possible form's of life?? (jokes a side please)

The bible has been written over a billion time's.. So who really know's how it started off? (old testament) but is it really what it should be?

I have learned that the first church statred not out of faifth but out of being a theif and a con! The guy who started the first church was that! he con'd so many people out of money and other thing's.. Seen a programme on it a while back.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply


Current time is 04:31 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page    
SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > Non-Angling Discussion Area > Lounge > Aliens Really Do Exist! Top