SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community Home 
Home Recent Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register


 Moderated by: Emperor
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bara (Mozambique) - Live bait marks ??  Rate Topic 
 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 10th, 2018 09:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
SinWolf
Member
 

Joined: Thu Mar 19th, 2015
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Posts: 36
Equipment: Fishing Rod
Best Catch: 19kg Wahoo
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique
Boat: Jetski
Club: No
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hi Guys,

I want to try the live bait drift thing in Moz (Bara)...

Does anybody perhaps have some marks where one can easily catch some live bait ?? I have plenty of Bara marks collected over the last years... But NONE of them seem to include bait marks :(

Thanks

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 10th, 2018 09:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Visserman (Stephan)
Member


Joined: Mon Mar 10th, 2014
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Posts: 104
Equipment: Shimano
Best Catch: Sailfish 45kg. GT26kg, Cuda 24kg, Dorado 12kg, wahoo 22kg
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique, Inhambane, Durban, Zinkwazi, waar die vis byt
Boat: Quick Catch 186, mercury 115hp EFI
Club: Zinkwazi and DBOA
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hi

The beat advice will be to go where the local boats are. I have markes but never use them.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 10th, 2018 11:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
SinWolf
Member
 

Joined: Thu Mar 19th, 2015
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Posts: 36
Equipment: Fishing Rod
Best Catch: 19kg Wahoo
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique
Boat: Jetski
Club: No
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Visserman (Stephan) wrote:
Hi

The beat advice will be to go where the local boats are. I have markes but never use them.


Yes, If I don't get any marks before I go, then I'll just have to see what the local guys are doing...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 10th, 2018 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Visserman (Stephan)
Member


Joined: Mon Mar 10th, 2014
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Posts: 104
Equipment: Shimano
Best Catch: Sailfish 45kg. GT26kg, Cuda 24kg, Dorado 12kg, wahoo 22kg
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique, Inhambane, Durban, Zinkwazi, waar die vis byt
Boat: Quick Catch 186, mercury 115hp EFI
Club: Zinkwazi and DBOA
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Pretty much, we mostly get bait in front in about 10m of water. you will see the locals with there kayaks and small boats. If you struggle to get try around the point to tofu also in about 10m water.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 11th, 2018 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Serra Moz
Sealiner


Joined: Sun Apr 15th, 2007
Location: Marracuene (The Bush), Mozambique
Posts: 4497
Equipment: A - Z (Penn Rules)
Best Catch: Lots and Lots
Favorite Fishing Spot: WorldWideWaters - (Fresh + Salt)
Boat: Got a few that can float
Club: Macaneta Ski Boat Club (MOZ)
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Catching baitfish is a bit of a "hit & run" - referring if you don't have a prominent "marker" such as buoys / small beacons / pylons / wrecks /out crops / reefs blah blah.... Not sure what you are using to catch your baitfish? Do you want live baitfish or fresh bait (dead) for trolling???

What will you be using to catch the baitfish?

What I suggest, once you've cleared the surfzone, stop every 50mts or so, and cast / throw some Sabikis / little bucktails /mini spoon... that's why I call it a "hit & run" 99% you will prevail... 9 out of 10 times..."

I usually or have in the past kept those "telescopic 5' to 6' rods paired with size 4000 grinders in my boat's centre consul...

Last edited on Tue Sep 11th, 2018 01:15 am by Serra Moz

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 11th, 2018 06:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
SinWolf
Member
 

Joined: Thu Mar 19th, 2015
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Posts: 36
Equipment: Fishing Rod
Best Catch: 19kg Wahoo
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique
Boat: Jetski
Club: No
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Serra Moz wrote:
Catching baitfish is a bit of a "hit & run" - referring if you don't have a prominent "marker" such as buoys / small beacons / pylons / wrecks /out crops / reefs blah blah.... Not sure what you are using to catch your baitfish? Do you want live baitfish or fresh bait (dead) for trolling???

What will you be using to catch the baitfish?

What I suggest, once you've cleared the surfzone, stop every 50mts or so, and cast / throw some Sabikis / little bucktails /mini spoon... that's why I call it a "hit & run" 99% you will prevail... 9 out of 10 times..."

I usually or have in the past kept those "telescopic 5' to 6' rods paired with size 4000 grinders in my boat's centre consul...



Yes, I want to catch live bait for the live well, using Sabikis :) :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Sep 11th, 2018 06:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Serra Moz
Sealiner


Joined: Sun Apr 15th, 2007
Location: Marracuene (The Bush), Mozambique
Posts: 4497
Equipment: A - Z (Penn Rules)
Best Catch: Lots and Lots
Favorite Fishing Spot: WorldWideWaters - (Fresh + Salt)
Boat: Got a few that can float
Club: Macaneta Ski Boat Club (MOZ)
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
SinWolf wrote:
Serra Moz wrote:
Catching baitfish is a bit of a "hit & run" - referring if you don't have a prominent "marker" such as buoys / small beacons / pylons / wrecks /out crops / reefs blah blah.... Not sure what you are using to catch your baitfish? Do you want live baitfish or fresh bait (dead) for trolling???

What will you be using to catch the baitfish?

What I suggest, once you've cleared the surfzone, stop every 50mts or so, and cast / throw some Sabikis / little bucktails /mini spoon... that's why I call it a "hit & run" 99% you will prevail... 9 out of 10 times..."

I usually or have in the past kept those "telescopic 5' to 6' rods paired with size 4000 grinders in my boat's centre consul...



Yes, I want to catch live bait for the live well, using Sabikis :) :)



LOL... then you have an answer, as I said

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Sep 11th, 2018 06:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
SinWolf
Member
 

Joined: Thu Mar 19th, 2015
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Posts: 36
Equipment: Fishing Rod
Best Catch: 19kg Wahoo
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique
Boat: Jetski
Club: No
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Serra Moz wrote:
SinWolf wrote:
Serra Moz wrote:
Catching baitfish is a bit of a "hit & run" - referring if you don't have a prominent "marker" such as buoys / small beacons / pylons / wrecks /out crops / reefs blah blah.... Not sure what you are using to catch your baitfish? Do you want live baitfish or fresh bait (dead) for trolling???

What will you be using to catch the baitfish?

What I suggest, once you've cleared the surfzone, stop every 50mts or so, and cast / throw some Sabikis / little bucktails /mini spoon... that's why I call it a "hit & run" 99% you will prevail... 9 out of 10 times..."

I usually or have in the past kept those "telescopic 5' to 6' rods paired with size 4000 grinders in my boat's centre consul...



Yes, I want to catch live bait for the live well, using Sabikis :) :)



LOL... then you have an answer, as I said


Yes I do... THANKS :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 12th, 2018 10:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Visserman (Stephan)
Member


Joined: Mon Mar 10th, 2014
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Posts: 104
Equipment: Shimano
Best Catch: Sailfish 45kg. GT26kg, Cuda 24kg, Dorado 12kg, wahoo 22kg
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique, Inhambane, Durban, Zinkwazi, waar die vis byt
Boat: Quick Catch 186, mercury 115hp EFI
Club: Zinkwazi and DBOA
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Just out of curiosity when will you be going?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 12th, 2018 10:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
SinWolf
Member
 

Joined: Thu Mar 19th, 2015
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Posts: 36
Equipment: Fishing Rod
Best Catch: 19kg Wahoo
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique
Boat: Jetski
Club: No
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Visserman (Stephan) wrote:
Just out of curiosity when will you be going?

21 Dec - 5 Jan :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 12th, 2018 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Visserman (Stephan)
Member


Joined: Mon Mar 10th, 2014
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Posts: 104
Equipment: Shimano
Best Catch: Sailfish 45kg. GT26kg, Cuda 24kg, Dorado 12kg, wahoo 22kg
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique, Inhambane, Durban, Zinkwazi, waar die vis byt
Boat: Quick Catch 186, mercury 115hp EFI
Club: Zinkwazi and DBOA
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hopefully the see will be normal again by that time as the water is extremely high at the moment. there is almost no beach left. I will also be there that time.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 12th, 2018 12:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
SinWolf
Member
 

Joined: Thu Mar 19th, 2015
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Posts: 36
Equipment: Fishing Rod
Best Catch: 19kg Wahoo
Favorite Fishing Spot: Mozambique
Boat: Jetski
Club: No
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Visserman (Stephan) wrote:
Hopefully the see will be normal again by that time as the water is extremely high at the moment. there is almost no beach left. I will also be there that time.

Awesome... Boat type and name please (if you don't mind) ? :) :)

For us Jetski guys, it's always good to know some boats in the area when going out to sea... I've never needed help from a boat before (touch wood) but always good to have some sort of backup :) :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply


Current time is 09:18 pm  
SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > Offshore Angling > Offshore F.A.Q's > Waypoints > Bara (Mozambique) - Live bait marks ?? Top