SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > Freshwater Angling > General > DIE VERVOER EN VRYLATING VAN LEWENDIGE VIS
|Moderated by: Enigma, Emperor||
|DIE VERVOER EN VRYLATING VAN LEWENDIGE VIS|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Sat Oct 21st, 2017 07:56 am||
Uitheemse visspesies mag nie lewendig vervoer of losgelaat word nie !!!
No. 10 of 2004: National Environmental Management Biodiversity Act,
SPECIES AND ORGANISMS POSING POTENTIAL THREATS TO BIODIVERSITY
Restricted activities prohibited according to section 71 A of the Act
In addition to those activities defined in terms of section 1 of the Act as restricted activities, the following activities are hereby prescribed as restricted activities:
(a) spreading or allowing the spread of, any specimen of a listed invasive species; prohibited
(b) releasing any specimen of a listed invasive species; prohibited
(c) the transfer or release of a specimen of a listed invasive fresh-water species from one discrete catchment system in which it occurs, to another discrete catchment system in which it does not occur or, from within a part of a discrete catchment system where it does occur to another part where it does not occur as a result of a natural or artificial barrier; prohibited
(d) discharging of or disposing into any waterway or the ocean, water from an aquarium, tank or other receptacle that has been used to keep a specimen of an alien species or a listed invasive freshwater species; prohibited
(e) catch and release of a specimen of a listed invasive fresh-water fish or listed invasive fresh-water invertebrate species; the introduction of a specimen of an alien or listed invasive species to off-shore islands; or the release of a specimen of a listed invasive fresh-water fish species, or of a listed invasive fresh water invertebrate species into a discrete catchment system in which it already occurs; prohibited
f) the introduction of a listed invasive fish specimen, or listed fresh-water invertebrate specimen, into a river system; prohibited
Means (a) a species that is not an indigenous species; or (b) an indigenous species translocated or intended to be translocated to a place outside its natural distribution range in nature, but not an indigenous species that has extended its natural distribution range by natural means of migration or dispersal without human intervention;
“invasive species”: means the establishment and subsequent spread of a species outside its natural distribution range in a manner or to the extent that it constitutes a threat to biodiversity, ecosystems, habitats, other species, the economy, the environment or human health or well-being.
INVASIVE FRESHWATER SPECIES IN SOUTH AFRICA (COMMON NAME)
· Grass carp
· Triploid grass carp
· Common carp
· Silver carp
· Bluegill sunfish
· Small-mouth bass
· Florida Bass
· Hybrids of Florida bass and large-mouth bass
· Spotted bass
· Large-mouth bass
· Rainbow trout
· Nile tilapia
· Vermiculated sailfin catfish
· Brown trout
(EXAMPLE OF ORDINANCE OF A PROVINCE) GAUTENG NATURE CONSERVATION BILL 2014
Chapter 4 Aquatic Biota and Aquatic Systems
43. Restricted activities involving protected fish
Subject to the provisions of section 45, no person may, without a permit
· Catch other than by angling
· Trade in or
· Release, except in the case of angling, and if released at the point where caught, a speciman of a protected fish.
45. Resticted activities involving alien fish
No person may without a permit –
· Release in any aquatic system, a speciman of an alien fish
50. Restricted activities involving live fish
(1) No person may, without a permit, import into, export from or transport in the Province any live fish or spawn of any such fish.
(2) No person may, without a permit, place or release live fish in waters.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2) any person who has caught a fish may thereafter place or release it alive in the waters in which he caught it.
55 .Offences and Penalties
55. (1) Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with provisions of this Chapter is liable on conviction–
(a) in case of an offence referred to in sections 43 or 45, to a fine or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding 15 years or to both such fine and such imprisonment;
(2) Any person convicted of an offence in terms of section 50, and who after such conviction persists in the act or omission which constituted such offence, shall be guilty of a continuing offence and liable on conviction to a fine, or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding 100 days, or to both such fine and such imprisonment in respect of every day on which he or she so persists with such act or omission.
ONS BEKLEMTOON DIT WEEREENS DAT DIE VANG, VERVOER EN VRYLATING, (BEHALWE IN DIE AREA WAAR DIT GEVANG IS) VAN ENIGE LEWENDIGE INHEEMSE EN UITHEEMSE VARSWATERVIS TOTAL ONWETTIG IS !!!
|Posted: Sat Oct 21st, 2017 02:38 pm||
|Kom ons almal doen ons deel vir bewaring.
|Posted: Thu Oct 26th, 2017 11:05 am||
|Net 'n regstelling rakende die hoofopskrif.
Geen lewendige INHEEMSE sowel as UITHEEMSE varswatervis mag vervoer, versprei en vrygelaat word nie. Die regulasies sit dit ook so uiteen
|Current time is 03:48 am|
|SEALINE - South African Angling and Boating Community > Freshwater Angling > General > DIE VERVOER EN VRYLATING VAN LEWENDIGE VIS||Top|